Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which handles better
05 EVO RS
78.13%
HONDA S2000
21.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

which handles better EVO RS or S2000

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 04:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have both and have to say stock to stock the S2000, modded I would say close, but you can go overboard on power with the EVO and give the S2K no chance in hell. Fun factor goes to the S2k, but all out performance(cost no object) EVO for sure.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If both of you are driving stock cars and you are a decent driver, you will eat him up.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wonder how many ppl in this poll who voted, drove both the cars to make the comparison?
Both cars are a joy to ride...both handles immaculately. Rwd is actually fun to handle...if 1 can handle it!!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chamama
if 1 can handle it!!
you said it yourself...

both cars are excellent for what they were built for...
Old Nov 7, 2005, 06:53 AM

I traded an 05 S2K for my MR and the S2K can hold it own. Its a purpose built chassis whereas the EVO is based on an econocar. The S2K's only downfall is lack of power and torque. You really have to abuse it to make it go, but does so willingly. Also they have a knack for kicking out its tail very suddenly, which can be scary in the rain, they fixed this for 06 by adding VSA. One thing I don't like about the EVO is the steering wheel still has some torque steer.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

in autox, stock for stock, the S usually wins in the dry. The evo is easier to drive than the S, as the S can be more tail happy than the evo.

Just to set the record straight, the ~200 whp of a stock S is enough to pull on completely 03-05 evos from 80-100 mph up.

From a dig, or with MBC/mods its a different story
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
do you want to be the one that tells that to the ferrari/porsche/corvette/ariel atom/elise/aston martin guys because i think that they didn't get that memo... of course it was probably because they were too busy breaking records and tearing up the tracks don't get me wrong, i love AWD and it does have some adventages (crappy weather, exiting a turn etc..) but saying that it can't be beat is just wrong. the fastest cars in the world are still mostly RWD and there is a reason for that. RWD (espacially on light chassis with good weight dist) is very hard to beat for fun to drive and speed around the track. hell, i have seen so many honda crx's and mazda miata's that were pulling insane times and beating vipers around the track. a good driver in a car like the s2000 can definatly give the evo a good fight and can also win if he knows the car and knows how to pilot it. most of the professional drivers and instructors i know will choose a well setup RWD car for the track.

and if you don't believe me, i recommand that you do what i did (what really thought me a lesson about this). go out to a track near your house and try to find someone with a RWD car that is properly setup (spec miata, s2000 boxters etc..) and than you will see what things like 50/50 weight balance and a good chassis do around the track.

damn, i keep making these long posts even though i know nobody reads them.. i really gotta stop doing this

i read them esp. if i do the post so keep it up. ty
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:48 AM
Bar

hehe

get the best mororing enduro challenge, and see for urself, the EVO laps the S2000 after a couple of laps
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bar
get the best mororing enduro challenge, and see for urself, the EVO laps the S2000 after a couple of laps
while you are downloading this, also get the epsiode with the touge show down and watch what a s2000 with a good driver can do also, i already said that IMHO best motoring sucks at anything but fun to watch. their testing methods are the worst in the business and they are VERY biased. every new car that comes out wins 99% of the time. i have seen the evo win in the evo episode and i have seen it lose in the NSX episode. if the video is about that car, it will win 99% of the time even though it lost to the same exact cars in the previous episodes.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

another fine example of the potential of the RWD is the JGTC series. even though the skyline rules with an iron fist most of the time, alot of the cars over there are RWD (including the STI which is RWD). the NSX, MR-S, RX7, SILVIA, SUPRA all pull great times and have constantly been racing with great success for many years.

http://supergt.net/en/

again, it is not like i don't love the AWD (i have been driving AWD for years) but i do have a problem with statments like AWD> everything which is simply not true.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

A well-sorted RWD chassis will handily beat an AWD one. AWD is great, and while some of you may think that it "pulls you through," and you're partly right, RWD is the best platform on the market. At limits, AWD will induce understeer, while with RWD, you can induce oversteer.

AWD is the better car for the more unexperienced driver, but get someone behind the wheel of a well-sorted RWD car, and it's curtains. Take a look at Porsche, for example. There's the Porsche 911 TT with its AWD (420hp?), and the GT3 with 385hp. The GT3 is just as quick around a track as the TT, even with less hp.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
ok, maybe a dumb ?. i have an evo (obviously) i've driven s2000's they r fun but.....its a honda and its slow, my friends daddy bought him 1 he really thinks that the s2 will take the evo in the corners both stock suspention the s2 does handle good but if you put your foot in it half way through the couner the tail walks out from under it. if you do it in the evo it pulls harder through the corner. i probally answered my own ? but what do you guyes think.

does the evo handle better than the S2000 or not

are you that dumb?? did you even know you have AWD. Another Ricer victim, you don't deserve to drive the Evo Rs. should trade it in for a RSX Type-S
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
while you are downloading this, also get the epsiode with the touge show down and watch what a s2000 with a good driver can do also, i already said that IMHO best motoring sucks at anything but fun to watch. their testing methods are the worst in the business and they are VERY biased. every new car that comes out wins 99% of the time. i have seen the evo win in the evo episode and i have seen it lose in the NSX episode. if the video is about that car, it will win 99% of the time even though it lost to the same exact cars in the previous episodes.
that's true +1 from e
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

check out Top Gear, "evo vs Lambo" I think that is enough said after watching that. I have never felt so good about owning an evo.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:09 AM

Once again, two rookies with the two mentioned stock cars, the Evo should win. Remember the days Audi Quattros began racing here. Everyone complained because of the AWD advantage.

Quick Reply: which handles better EVO RS or S2000