Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which handles better
05 EVO RS
78.13%
HONDA S2000
21.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

which handles better EVO RS or S2000

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lvNVevo
check out Top Gear, "evo vs Lambo" I think that is enough said after watching that. I have never felt so good about owning an evo.
what does that have to do with the subject?? check out the STI Vs. Evo video while you are at it, it is just as relevent to this topic as your post...
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:12 AM

My evo will take any s200 under one codition, both must carry a child seat in the rear seat.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOCMAX
Once again, two rookies with the two mentioned stock cars, the Evo should win.
exactly. RWD chassis is not the best cars for rookies. however, a good driver will be able to take advantage of the RWD setup and make the car really shine.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wrxrocks
My evo will take any s200 under one codition, both must carry a child seat in the rear seat.
ok, and then the s2000 will take any evo under one condition, with the top down
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AWD is outlawed in many classes of racing for a reason.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Yes some of the fastest cars in the world will be RWD

But some of the fastest cars around a track will be AWD

Remember the UK Evo FQ400 has second fastest time on the Top Gear track behind the Zonda which is a 16 cylinder quad turbo....beating a Lamborgini Murceliago and its a....

4 banger!!!!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have had both. I personally am faster in the evo due to lack of skill. Push an S2k to hard and it will swap ends before you even realize your f*cked.

To be quick in the Honda you need to be fully committed and super smooth. To be fast in the evo you can rely on torque and grip.

In a parking lot the s2k was one of the most amusing cars I have ever owned. In all other areas and situations I prefer the evo.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vboy425
are you that dumb?? did you even know you have AWD. Another Ricer victim, you don't deserve to drive the Evo Rs. should trade it in for a RSX Type-S
why world you even say that to a flow evo owner, i'd rather walk than own honda. im doing this to prove to the kid that is "that dumb" that he has no idea what hes talking about i know what the car is capable of and iv had it to its limit on a track and was setting down some pretty good times for the first time out w/ a new car. im a pretty easy person to get along with i think i deserve a "im sry." besides know one else had a problem with the post except you anyway. thanks for your contrabution
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
Stock to stock, it would be close, but modded, sorry, the S2k would, eventually, be a better car. Simple physics, less weight to move/change direction and lower center of gravity.

Both are extremely capable though. However, agian, in stock form, it would come down to a driver. Like someone said before, you have to 'drive' an S2k.
I'm not even a intermediate by SCCA standards, but I rode in a SCCA prepped Miata.....FREAKING CRAZY yesterday!! Just like my 05' EVO made my previous DSM's and Mustangs feel like a crap.....that Miata made my EVO feel like a big boat. Which is understandable it weighs much less.

EVO's don't dominate all, but they do have a nice balance between all attributes and that is why I bought one. Even though my friends Z06 is faster, the SCCA miata definately handles better in a tight enviroment, and my other friends WS-6 with juice runs 10's for 5k it's all good. I love my EVO and my daughter and wife even love it too.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by el producto
Yes some of the fastest cars in the world will be RWD

But some of the fastest cars around a track will be AWD

Remember the UK Evo FQ400 has second fastest time on the Top Gear track behind the Zonda which is a 16 cylinder quad turbo....beating a Lamborgini Murceliago and its a....

4 banger!!!!

Okay, keep believing that. Go read up on some SCCA classes and times any car can get owned it all depends on the course....same with road racing.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lvNVevo
check out Top Gear, "evo vs Lambo" I think that is enough said after watching that. I have never felt so good about owning an evo.
already had it, thats a FQ400
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilDylan
AWD is outlawed in many classes of racing for a reason.
Mainly cost and complexity. I suspect.

In the extremes of racing even things as "pruven" as ABS leave a driver wondering if it's going to work properly while aproaching a wall at 150.
Can you imagine the engineering, time and $$$ needed to qualify and use an AWD advantage under F1 or LeMans demands? Weight alone would be a dubious trade off for grip, complexity and faliure is another story. Some day though... it's inevitable.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by bd307
No cars can handle better with RWD performs in any corners considering the driver has experience on how to drive a RWD car.

4WD or AWD is defitnitely good to some extends, but it is only good for invoice to intermediate driver like myself.
INVOICE? Learn to type. I think you meant Novice.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
RWD normally handle better...
...i'm just biased...but i've heard the S2000 handles like a go cart
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yes stock for stock, the evo beats the s2k all over the track. I hope this answers your original question.
Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
ok, maybe a dumb ?. i have an evo (obviously) i've driven s2000's they r fun but.....its a honda and its slow, my friends daddy bought him 1 he really thinks that the s2 will take the evo in the corners both stock suspention the s2 does handle good but if you put your foot in it half way through the couner the tail walks out from under it. if you do it in the evo it pulls harder through the corner. i probally answered my own ? but what do you guyes think.

does the evo handle better than the S2000 or not

Last edited by evoviiiyou; Nov 7, 2005 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: which handles better EVO RS or S2000