Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Issue I had this morning with my new evo 9..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just take it to the stealership, or better yet, have them tow it. If you drive it, KNOWING that there is a problem, Mitsubishi will turn around and say, "You knew there was a problem, but you made it worse by driving it. Because of this, it's your error, and we're not covering your warranty."

DO NOT give Mitsubishi ANY recourse on this.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:04 AM

I found out what was wrong with the car. I went outside during my lunch time and noticed my back left wheel was out of air. So I put the cheap spare on for now until I get my wheel fixed this after. It seems the rattling noise was due to an item that's logged in the tire and when poping noise happend. It was due to the dam item impaling the tire all together. I hope it doesn't cost a lot to fix the dam tire..doh. To think I was going to change the tires to winter tires in a week or two.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:07 AM

dlmyth,

too wild! i had the same thing happen this weekend on my GG IX MR.

It was a rattling noise and the fast i went, the quicker the rattling. i had just left the house.... i stopped, looked under the car and saw nothing that caught my eye. (in the wheels, driveshaft, etc)

i took off again, and still rattling, i stopped to turn around an go back home.. and it stopped. i gotta think (and hope) that it was a stuck brake pad or stone in the brakes. nothing since.

now that i read these posts, i may try a couple different settings with the ACD.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Glad it wasn't anything serious.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Heard somethin about when the dealerships get the evos in forgettin to take the shipping material out of springs. Might check, just a thought.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
could someone fill me in on what a "LIE" is?

edit: soon to be followed with much histerical sarcasm

I also got confused! Was getting worried, 'oh no what if my evo also has LIE'
HAHA!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
Glad it wasn't anything serious.

Same here but when I took the car after work to 2 different tire shops they told me there's now way they can fix that hole in the tire;( The dam thing is the length of my thumb in the threaded area of the tire. Going to need to buy a new tire now dam it. I wonder would it be best to get another advans or get 4 new all season tires?