Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Weight Reduction on Evo 8 05

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weight Reduction on Evo 8 05

hey yall im trying to get all the info for Weight Reduction. if can list with pics and how tos i will make a web site for it all. i know buschur has some on there site now. but no pics on what came out and what was needed to do it. like ac need diff belt and what not. i will be doing some of this to my car so i will take pics as well. or if anyone knows a site with this already plz share. so if can help plz do thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check out the staged upgrades page on the buschur racing site, very good info w/ weights and all.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

yes. i know but they do not show how it is done. or if take out ac you going to need a new belt right. a smaller one. and with the other stuff. so i want to make a page that shows it all.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Oh sorry I feel like a tool now that I actually read your first post just trying to be helpful

The only wieght reduction I've done is a braille auto mini battery this past weekend. Since our batteries sit so high and weigh upwards of 35 lbs. I figure this would be the best place to start the add bonus is now I can get some straight I/C piping in there.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ight+Reduction

d
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

hit up the gym

Depends on how extreme you want to go. You could get a mini battery, strip your interior, remove crash beams, go with Ti tbe, remove AC, etc.

I would just do mini-battery and get some lightweight rims + rotors.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

seriously.. if you need help on a nice low carb/ weight reduction work out routine hit me up lol.. I can easily take 40-50lbs off the avg male. My buddy Marshall is building up his evo race car. He has done some serious weight reduction on this car.. the motor is out right now and you can lift the entire car off the ground with two people. He found all kinds of BS brackets that were all over the car that added weight.. most of the stuff you couldnt get to easily though..but if you take the front bumper off.. the front crash beam is heavy, and I was would also imagine removing helps to add more oversteer.. then there is a bracket that holds the horn on.. get rid of that and mount the horn somewhere else.. we removed the mettle plate on the steering column. Im not gonna even mention the obvious.. the car is completely stripped with a lighter then stock seat.. bare interior, ditching the power mirrors for apr mirrors etc.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

i would just add more horsepower
Old Nov 7, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yesevo
i would just add more horsepower
yea, but he can do both
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

but if you take the front bumper off.. the front crash beam is heavy, and I was would also imagine removing helps to add more oversteer..
For a race car I wouldn't take that off. But you can remove the impact bars from all doors except the drivers. I mean you can take it all off if you don't value your life.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

well i will be doing both. but i would like to start weight first. but i dont want to make car look like total crap. so i will do most what i can with out making it look like a crap hole car. untill i get another car for daily drive and also this car payed off.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlingBling3314
For a race car I wouldn't take that off. But you can remove the impact bars from all doors except the drivers. I mean you can take it all off if you don't value your life.

i wouldnt think they would be that heavey anyhow. for the safty lost of them and what not i would leave in. and the truble to take them out becasue most likey. they hold up the motors for the windows or somthing. but i will take out all seat bealts. and but race harness in. even thow the are like 1lb each not even lol. and also i have a lether seats. so they will weight more. so i need to look into a 1pieace race seat that is like 8lb. thats even thing mounts too. ac i will take out this week. and weight it with pics. but i dont understand how it can be rang people say weight in 25-50lb. lol. and going to need to get the new belt also. and will take out all seat belts in back for now.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Don't take the seat belts in the back out (unless no one rides back there). I say this cuz everytime I have a friend in the back that doesn't buckle up, he either goes flying into the back of my seat (if I brake) or flying across the back seat into the other door (if I turn fast)
Old Nov 7, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Don't take the seat belts in the back out (unless no one rides back there). I say this cuz everytime I have a friend in the back that doesn't buckle up, he either goes flying into the back of my seat (if I brake) or flying across the back seat into the other door (if I turn fast)
I'm not riding with you so your saying you drive like a crazy "kid" on the street?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Not at all. And Im not a f*%$in KID (thats just a nick name-how my friends talk its the equavilent of saying "evo-dude"). If anything, I would say I'm promoting safty telling him NOT to take the seat belts out. I didn't say I was street racing or anything. I said when I brake and my friend has no seat belt, he flys forward. If someone pulls out in front of you, even when driving the speed limit, sometimes you need to hit the brakes a little hard.

Quick Reply: Weight Reduction on Evo 8 05