Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Air/Fuel Gauge Question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air/Fuel Gauge Question

Need some advice searched the forums and followed the install directions of what most guys did. Any other advice welcomed. I installed the basic power to my add a circuits, grounded to the engine, and tapped to the white O2 wire sensor on the harness side of the O2 sensor. I have the Stuart Warner Air/Fuel gauge from 42 designs. It seems to work partially, but never stables out at normal cruising always bouncing back and forth. Instructions have several alternate install options for 2, 3 and 4 wire O2 sensors. I just taped the white O2 wire on the harness side under the spark plug cover as the some of the others did.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

thats pretty normal id say for it to bounce back and fourth, My RX7TT did the same thing. Now I have a Wideband o2, and it doesn't bounce back and fourth, it stays steady and shows 14.4-14.8 at cruise. non-wideband o2 gauges seem to be a waste of money, can't really tell a whole lot from them. I'd say ditch it and get an Innovatie XD-1, its a nice piece.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

You will never get any accurate reading from a narrowband, ditch it and get a wideband(innovate or something, like Hirevn said)
Old Nov 7, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info. I was trying to stay with the same gauges, but I had that fear. I've seen th autometer do the same thing, I thought it was just installed wrong.