Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2004 STi Cobb Stage 2+

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should beat him w no problem
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
I own an STi I have some insight on how well STis respond to mods. You can think my statement is "dumb" all you like. An STi responds just as well as any other turbocharged motor.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the Evo, and let's say this stock 05 Evo runs 13.30s. Explain to me how a TBE and an intake on an 05 Evo is going to net you low/mid 12s in the 1/4. We'll say, 12.50s. That's AT LEAST .8 of a gain in the 1/4. There's no intake and exhaust combo on the face of this Earth that is going to net you .8 in the 1/4 mile, and that's using YOUR figures of "mid 12s." You're not only going to need an exhaust and intake, but you're also going to need some sort of EM. An exhaust and intake isn't going to do it alone.

Then, you mention "If you're a good driver, like Warrtalon, or someone of that nature, even better." Ok, let's talk "even better." That would mean 12.10s? 12.20s? Good luck with just an exhaust and an intake. Find me ANY Evo that runs 12.20s with nothing more than a TBE and intake, and I'll get rid of my STi today.
Agree with you here, coming from a Subaru and being heavily involved in the community I can say you are right on track.

I don't believe it either but hey just like my Buschur kit I have on the EVO says I should net around 380-390 whp (dynojet) when I get my FMIC/Injectors/10.5 hotside installed but I am going to bet I only get 350 whp on a dynojet....just my opinion though.

That way if I do better than that I can feel like I got and good deal...haha
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLUE EVO702
enough guessing and race your friend sti...
and then tell us the results afterwards.
what he said ^^
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by superflyevo
what he said ^^
done, check out post 20....
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phenem
O my YES! Cobb has been doing the AccessTuner software now for quite some time. I had a 2004 WRX, soon as I bought it the AccessPort came out and I had one are pre-order.

Definetly the best bang for you buck with a scooby!
I've heard that the AP really sucks on the WRX, but is great with the STi. I heard that the with the AP the WRX runs either very lean, or very rich. I can't remember which it was though. I'm pretty sure it was lean.

Also, have you heard of the Cobb Street Tuner? With that, you can actually do your own maps, but from my understanding you can only do tunes for 91 octane. I could be mistaken, but a buddy of mine has the Street Tuner, and I think that's what he was saying....
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

I've heard that the AP really sucks on the WRX, but is great with the STi. I heard that the with the AP the WRX runs either very lean, or very rich. I can't remember which it was though. I'm pretty sure it was lean.

Also, have you heard of the Cobb Street Tuner? With that, you can actually do your own maps, but from my understanding you can only do tunes for 91 octane. I could be mistaken, but a buddy of mine has the Street Tuner, and I think that's what he was saying....
From my own personal experience the AccessPort is the best tuning software for a daily driver WRX/STi. It does nothing of the sort (ie: run lean/rich, it is perfect! if anything very very safe) It does wonders for either car! My buddy has a Stg2 WRX and its a beast, for all the money he put into it! Put down 225 whp/ 250 tq on a mustang dyno!! All he did to it was TBE and AP Stg2, not bad for the money! But thats the limit before you have to do turbo.

I loved the AP on my WRX, only time when I started to hate it is when I went bigger turbo, and I could not custom tune it.

I have not had any experience with the StreetTuner software but from what I here it is good. The ProTuner package is the way to go if you have an AP. Go to a local ProTuner and have them custom tune you AP for you. Works wonders!
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Agree with you here, coming from a Subaru and being heavily involved in the community I can say you are right on track.

I don't believe it either but hey just like my Buschur kit I have on the EVO says I should net around 380-390 whp (dynojet) when I get my FMIC/Injectors/10.5 hotside installed but I am going to bet I only get 350 whp on a dynojet....just my opinion though.

That way if I do better than that I can feel like I got and good deal...haha
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. You'll be netting 380-390whp when you get the FMIC, Injectors, 10.5 hotside, but you're probably making 350whp now?

What are your current mods?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

From my own personal experience the AccessPort is the best tuning software for a daily driver WRX/STi. It does nothing of the sort (ie: run lean/rich, it is perfect! if anything very very safe) It does wonders for either car! My buddy has a Stg2 WRX and its a beast, for all the money he put into it! Put down 225 whp/ 250 tq on a mustang dyno!! All he did to it was TBE and AP Stg2, not bad for the money! But thats the limit before you have to do turbo.

I loved the AP on my WRX, only time when I started to hate it is when I went bigger turbo, and I could not custom tune it.

I have not had any experience with the StreetTuner software but from what I here it is good. The ProTuner package is the way to go if you have an AP. Go to a local ProTuner and have them custom tune you AP for you. Works wonders!
I'm real happy with my Cobb AP also. I liked it because it's a flash instead of a seperate EM setup. It's good in case I would need warranty work if something would blow up. Then, I can just reflash the ECU.

I have heard good things about Pro Tuner, but I think you need a license for that, correct? My buddy's pretty happy with the Street Tuner, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I think you can only tune for 91 octane maps. I'll have to double-check.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Let me make sure I understand you correctly. You'll be netting 380-390whp when you get the FMIC, Injectors, 10.5 hotside, but you're probably making 350whp now?

What are your current mods?
No, thats what the Buschur website says, I think that once I get all that installed I hope to be making 350 whp (dynojet).

Buschur website says Stg4 = 380-390 whp or something close to that (dynojet)

I have Buschur Stg4 w/ ported exahust mani/10.5 hotside/ported 02 housing, and I was saying that I prob. won't reach the 380~390 like Buschur says, I was hoping to get 350 whp (dynojet), once In installed everything.

Right now I bet I am around 310~320 whp (dynojet)

Am I close to what everyone has seen here or am I nuts?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

I'm real happy with my Cobb AP also. I liked it because it's a flash instead of a seperate EM setup. It's good in case I would need warranty work if something would blow up. Then, I can just reflash the ECU.

I have heard good things about Pro Tuner, but I think you need a license for that, correct? My buddy's pretty happy with the Street Tuner, but as I mentioned in a previous post, I think you can only tune for 91 octane maps. I'll have to double-check.
ProTuner is something a shop would do for you. They can make maps for the AP. StreetTuner is exactly the same thing but scaled down and only can make a map for just your AP not everyone out there. It is married to a single AP only.

I def. liked having the power of reflashing my ECU!
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

No, thats what the Buschur website says, I think that once I get all that installed I hope to be making 350 whp (dynojet).

Buschur website says Stg4 = 380-390 whp or something close to that (dynojet)

I have Buschur Stg4 w/ ported exahust mani/10.5 hotside/ported 02 housing, and I was saying that I prob. won't reach the 380~390 like Buschur says, I was hoping to get 350 whp (dynojet), once In installed everything.

Right now I bet I am around 310~320 whp (dynojet)

Am I close to what everyone has seen here or am I nuts?
No, I mean what mods do you currently have installed. Not counting what you have waiting to get put on.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

ProTuner is something a shop would do for you. They can make maps for the AP. StreetTuner is exactly the same thing but scaled down and only can make a map for just your AP not everyone out there. It is married to a single AP only.

I def. liked having the power of reflashing my ECU!
Gotcha. That's what I kind of figured. Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I would change that to CAN go 12.7. People like Warrtalon are banging on the door to 11s, and then people like me who have 25-35hp more run mid 12s.
a stock sti can run a 12.9 with an above average driver...I agree your evo probably has the upper hand however

I would think if you friend can launch his STi well he might be looking at 12.3-12.5 around there

STi respond well to mods but not with a price...they don't like intakes however...turbo back and an accessport(em) you can get about 50-70 hp

post the slips or a vid when you race good luck
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

No, I mean what mods do you currently have installed. Not counting what you have waiting to get put on.
To make it simple the current mods on the car are:

Buschur Stg4:
http://www.buschurracing.com/stage4.htm

Gotto bottom and thats what I have minus FMIC/Injectors, I am running 22 psi
Old Nov 8, 2005, 01:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi,

I removed the links to the street racing vids and the poster is warned. I also removed a couple of the obligatory "nice kill dude" replies. Keep this thread on topic and away from street racing or it will be trashed. Thanks.

Speedlimit....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=135463

Quick Reply: 2004 STi Cobb Stage 2+