Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo8.com troubles...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would it be cheaper to drive to evo8.com's head quarters and return it...i dont know how far away u live from them but if u didnt want to ship it...then u could get everything at once and make sure it fit right!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Daymn, thats sucks man..
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CoEvo05
would it be cheaper to drive to evo8.com's head quarters and return it...i dont know how far away u live from them but if u didnt want to ship it...then u could get everything at once and make sure it fit right!
There's an idea...they're located in....hmmm....no listing on any of thier sites about location.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

lol just drive around the country till u find them....lol....i say start in nebraska! lol do they even have a physical store or do they just use different warehouses and have an only only store? i say call them thell they pickup oh and block u calls sometimes!!! lol just incase!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

that sux ty.

how did you pay? if you used a cc, you should be protected. if you paid with a cc, just call them and let them know your problem. they usually side with their customers and will do a back charge. i have done this b4 and my cc company has been very good about giving me my money back.

btw, this happened to me with vivid racing. $hit just didn't fit right and jackie was not helpful at all. but i needed the parts so i made them fit. i had to do a lot of extra work but eventually i made it work.

as far as where they are located, look on your boxes they came in. they should have a return addy on them. if you threw the boxes away, call the carrier that delivered them and give them the tracking # or whatever info they need. they'll be able to give you their address.

as far as evo8.co goes i have read some bad things about them on here. i'm surprised they are still a vendor here.

good luck tho!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

that is way i do not buy staff from internet!! sorry to heard that call them again and again!!
Old Nov 9, 2005, 01:22 AM
Evolving Member

by the looks of those pics, it looks like you should be able to make it fit. from what i can tell is that it may be hitting something from the back side thats not letting it line up. i had this problem with my chargespeed bumper. i had to trim the backside and eventually it fit better. remember fiberglass molds are never perfect. there's a lot of "massaging" to get them to fit right. of course some manufacturers are worst than others. also don't ever expect aftermarket body parts to fit like oe parts. that'll never happen.

also a word of advice, you said you plan on autoxing that car... i wouldn't with that bumper. the first cone you hit, it'll crack in half. i know cause when i built that car, it orignally had the chargespeed fiberglass bumper. my 1st event i shattered it on the first run. thats why it had tha veilside urethane lip on it. urethane is much stronger
Old Nov 9, 2005, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

this is what i had to do to finish the event after i hit a cone...

Old Nov 9, 2005, 01:30 AM

From experience...

Zemo, sorry to hear that man. It sucks when distributors don't put notices/warnings/cautions regarding the products they sell, because the C-West body kit actually requires you to either take out or modify the [front and rear] bumper supports. I know because when my Evo was rear ended about 2 years ago, I got the C-West body kit for my replacement since it seems to have enough room for the intercooler modifications I was planning to do which the stock bumper didn't allow.

When I prep-fitted the bumper, prior to priming it, I noticed the C-West bumpers couldn't fit because of the bumper supports; it leaves a gap about 2 inches, both front and rear. I would have had to either modify the supports or take them out totally, and I am not about to compromise a safety measure of my daily driven car for a new bumper.

I ended up getting stock replacements, which ended up working just fine with my setup, and selling my C-West bumpers on auction because the bastards distributors, who by chance is out of business now, refused to give me a refund.

Hope you get your issue solved soon. Good luck, and for future notices to all, MAKE SURE you're aware of any modification, installation, and prepping precautions before purchasing any aero kits/parts. Call the dealer up and ASK and MAKE SURE.

P.S. - For daily driven cars, as hard as it is to find, I highly recommend you don't purchase fiberglass-reinforced kits (FRP). I would recommend searching for pliable-fiberglass reinforced plastic (PFRP) AT LEAST or some plastic-based material, preferably the lather. Any fiberglass is very hard to repair, and punctures and breaks easily. In short, you want OEM-like material.

Last edited by EvoCorp; Nov 9, 2005 at 01:37 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

It cracked in 4 spots from 1 cone...
Old Nov 9, 2005, 02:29 AM
Evolving Member

I know it's only a turbo timer but I'm still waiting on an HKS unit that I ordered in late SEPTEMBER! My 1st purchase from evo8 was great but after that they have been impossible to get ahold of. 5 phone calls and emails later... no reponse.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for fitment of your kit, i would suggest you check clearances of all hoses, fmic pipes etc. w/ my gialla, the clamp of the fmic(the screw part actually, was preventing me from getting a good fit.
attach the 2 middle bolts first( by the hood latch, and then stretch the left side and bolt, then right side then bolt. Do not try fitting the far left bolt(wheelwell) then the middle, then the right. start from the middle, and then work your way out.

The bottom arrow, should be the last bolt on either side you use, be warned that you might actually have to pull fairly hard since fiberglass does not flex as much as urethane.:

Last edited by mrbkkt1; Nov 9, 2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Just got off the phone with Extreme Dimensions, the makers of the kit. They say the bumper looks warped, and I need to heat it up to get it back into it's original shape...they also think trimming some parts might help it sit more flush....I'll try it.

I left a message with evo8.com, letting them know that if they don't return my call by 5:00 today I'll be seeking legal action.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

i would not reccommend EVO8.com....

i had a bad experience with them as well......
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:31 AM

evo8.com sucks!!! bad customer service.. i had to call my credit card company to dispute my order cuz they wouldn't respond to my calls or emails. took almost one month to get one part.

Quick Reply: evo8.com troubles...