Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo8.com troubles...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2005, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo8.com f*@#ed me as well on my order. Is there anyway to put all this bad vendors in one list so we can check them out prior to buying stuff in the internet.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

sounds like some guys are frauded...
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

BBB they *** and get ur CC company to chrage back ur money, i hate con artists, may god have mercy on their soul
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ballistic speed
BBB they *** and get ur CC company to chrage back ur money, i hate con artists, may god have mercy on their soul
I hope "god" would... because If I had the chance, I wouldn't.

Call your credit card company ASAP. They probably are your best chance to recover anything.
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

Road trip the their location I guess, they ALWAYS try this tactic because the Venders think that you'll just eat it.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

update:

Originally Posted by evo8.com
Sorry SEMA killed us Ty and we are playing bad catch up over here!

Your Trunk and mirrors I sent a request for tracking in today and said it was an emergency.

i'll be in touch one I know where they are for you
Originally Posted by me
CHECK YOUR PHONE MESSAGES!

I left about 5 or 6 phone messages for you, the latest threatening legal action. You guys need to get on the ball here! If SEMA is killing you, fine, but let me know BEFORE hand, don't leave me hanging!
The body kit you sold me DOES NOT fit. There's huge fitment issues around the headlights and fenders, and I'm not willing to drop $1k on it for a body shop to re fiberglass the whole thing.

Call me to discuss this: 503-260-3562

-Ty Morita
I'll make calls now and start working on it.

i need to know EXACTLY what is wrong and where it may be somethign easy that isnt being looked at
Originally Posted by me
Attached are pictures. There's about an inch gap between both headlights, and the bumper doesn't reach all the way to the wheel wells. I've tried heating the kit and massaging it into place with no luck. Bump bar is removed, and nothing on the bumper is hitting anything. It just WILL NOT FIT, plain and simple.

-Ty Morita
sending pics to my rep now thanks TY!
Originally Posted by me
I already did that. I sent those pics to Charlie@extremedimensions.com. He said to trim the kit so that nothing is hitting the body of the car, and to heat it up and massage it into place. Already triple checked that nothing was hitting the body at all, and I heated up the whole bumper with a heat gun with no luck. I doubt they'll say anything different to you. The only thing that will get a fitting bumper on my car is to replace this one completely.
-Ty
Originally Posted by me
What's the Status?
Since then I've heard NOTHING. I called them again today with no answer (big surprise) and sent this email:

Originally Posted by me
Chris-
I took the front bumper to a local paint shop and had it sit in the oven for 2 hours to relax the fiberglass and help it to be pliable when fitting. Same problem. The pictures are accurate to the lack of it fitting at all. This piece is completely unusable. I haven't heard back from you in a while. I need you to go ahead and refund me the amount paid for the body kit, and set up a freight pickup for it to be returned to you. If I do not hear back from you either today or tomorrow, I will be contacting my credit card company, will be refusing your sponsorship, and will let others know of my experience with your shop. Thank you.

-Tyler Morita
This couldn't have happened at a worse time either. My business is strugelling and I'm living off of Ramen and tuna for a while....damn.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Zemo]

this bumper is made by extreme dimensions / extremedimensions.com they call it dureflex. Comes in white, fits really bad + very expensive.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, I got the same bumper from them that I bought about 7 months ago. I never had a chance to test fit it on the car, I hope it's not as bad as those pics. Good luck
Old Nov 14, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered some stuff from Evo8.com and had to cancel because eveyrone was at SEMA that week. I had a hard time contacting them at first but here's what i did, i got 3 phones and redialed for an hour... YOU WILL GET THROUGH. ITs just that they have one representative and XXXXXX amount of orders. I was pissed by the time i got through.... but the girl who's working there is sooooo damn nice and helpful that she fixed it in like 2 minutes. Very good customer service if your willing to sit down and redial for an hour. BTW another reason why its so hard to get through is because all calls go to zerofactory now orsomething and they were managing like 4 sites at once last week with one poor helpful girl.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 06:02 PM
Evolving Member

I guess I'll keep calling!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 06:29 PM

I order at set of ferodo 2500s brakepads on 10/28/05 and am still waiting on them(11/14). I finaley got response from them today stating that they pads have now just been shipped today.This irritates me since i wrote them on 11/2 to see if my order had shipped. Apperently they are now saying that the pads were on back order, it just would have been nice to know that since this is my only means of transportation and i need new brakes. I don't think that I will do business with them again seems kind of shady.

I just wish they would have informed me of the pads being out of stock instead of waiting 10 days to write me back. I would have gone somewhere else.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Ouch that sucks, sorry to hear that and hope something good works out
Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zemo
update:

Since then I've heard NOTHING. I called them again today with no answer (big surprise) and sent this email:

This couldn't have happened at a worse time either. My business is strugelling and I'm living off of Ramen and tuna for a while....damn.
fevo8.com
Old Nov 15, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

what a joke... thats no way to do business... having to call for hours to get things resolved?

I say call your CC company NOW and start handling things yourself NOW....
Old Nov 15, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Zemo...you STILL havent called your CC company?? This should have been done days ago! I have had nasty slow/non-responsive service from evo8.com as well in the past...horrible! You MUST call your cc company now..the longer you wait, the more question your cc company will have on why you waited so long.

And save ALL emails and of the such!

Good luck, it will all work out!!

Quick Reply: evo8.com troubles...