Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hks intake install...why does my car shake?..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005 | 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

i think he might need a VTA BOV.....
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, seriously, two things you must do..now

1) The search feature works good, you'll have to do some sifting through alot of posts though..

2) Please, please learn to spell correctly, or you will get a thrashing.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nikkadanny
wat do yall mean by tune..?..i no wat tuning is but like its juss an intake

English mother f*cker! Do you speak it?
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Dam people are harsh!! You need to get a ECU tuned for an intake or it will not run optimally. AKA Dynoflash, works etc
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by SR20DE-T
Dam people are harsh!! You need to get a ECU tuned for an intake or it will not run optimally. AKA Dynoflash, works etc
I don't think they are harsh.... It does seem to be a different language. They are just trying to write in something he understands..... Standard English is kind of hard to master if you are not exposed to it.

Oh by the way, get rid of that intake or get atune for it. Otherwise it'll just cause problems and power losses....
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
English mother f*cker! Do you speak it?
Dang man you need some anger management classes.....Wuuusaaaaa
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

I totally agree with some of you said. This thread started needs to learn the language. I am not speaking English fluently, but at least I can spell and let everyone in here understands what I am talking about.

Tune = ECU tune/flash/SAFC (from Apexi)

If you have read along with us in this forum, you should learn a lot by just coming here everyday. I did not understand how most of the things work in Evo or maybe I should say a turbo car until I come here regularly (about 4-5 times a day).

You may not have the luxury as I do working at home and can surf in here that much, but at least read up or learn how to use the search feature in here.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nikkadanny
i just installed a hks intake n i was wondering y my car shakes wen i start it up n wen i take off n 1st gear . And my car seems like it is going to die wen i stop it for like a couple of mins but it doesnt..
I just installed a HKS instake and I was wondering why my car shakes when I start it up and when I take off in 1st gear. Also, my car seems like it is going to die when I stop it for a couple of minutes, but it doesn't.

I mean really, is it that hard to type in plain understandable english?
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sierrany
my buddy had the same problem...his MAF was on backwards...an intake wont make you shake and feel like you are going to die just because you dont have a tune...make sure the honeycomb side of the MAF is facing the filter and the actual sensor is towards the pipe/turbo
who told you this? You cannot install the MAF backwards on this car. One side bolts to the air box via a square flange, the other side is circular for the intake piping to slide on. And yes, an intake can make the car shake and feel like it's going to die due to poor idling characteristics from an aftermarket intake.

You either need to get a custom tune for the intake, or put the stocker back in.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

First off, your car should not experiance porblems from an intake UNLESS you fu<ked up some of the honey combs on the MAF, second these guys are right, there are no power increases for an intake unless tuned. The reason we have and airbox is for the ECU to read air flow at a more consistent rate thus making it eaiser for the car to make adjustments based on the eviroment. By removing the airebox you just added more air flow through the MAF BUT you also are adding more air through a MAF that is designed for a airbox so the readings(Hz) are going to higher and very inconsistent thus making it very difficult for the ECU to make proper adjustments for more power.
I have an intake a long with other mods on my car that i tune with a Utec and i must say that b/c of the MAF i hate intakes, they make it a ***** for tuning.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

trade cars w/ me, my intake is tuned
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

I am sure this whole idea of needint to tune the ECU to run an intake originated from the people making money from the ECU modifications but it is totall BS. Sure he might be able to smooth out the curve by adding fuel or dicking with the hertz readings at idle but for love of god people think about it.

MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR = measures any change in air going in to yoru motor after the air flow meter.

That is all. Intake can not cause the car to run poorly unless it causes turbulence at the inducer or you take the recirc tube off and turn it to VTA. Or it is a downright ****ty intake ala K&N Typhoon or whatever it is called.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dan2510
Dang man you need some anger management classes.....Wuuusaaaaa

lol...Its a quote from a photochop...
Attached Images  
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

thats not from a photochop, its from pulp fiction....
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan628
thats not from a photochop, its from pulp fiction....

ok...