Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hks intake install...why does my car shake?..

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2005 | 06:44 PM

In response to the person who tried to correct me...with both HKS intake (RS and SMF) you bolt on a piece that connects to a ROUND filter(both ends are now round) which just so happens to fit in the stock(or aftermarket in his case)pipe. this happened to my friend....everyone whos been on this site for more than 2 hrs knows not to get an intake without a tune.....but the level of decrease in his performance cant be from just an intake...something is not installed right...which is exactly what was wrong with my freinds car
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sierrany
In response to the person who tried to correct me...with both HKS intake (RS and SMF) you bolt on a piece that connects to a ROUND filter(both ends are now round) which just so happens to fit in the stock(or aftermarket in his case)pipe. this happened to my friend....everyone whos been on this site for more than 2 hrs knows not to get an intake without a tune.....but the level of decrease in his performance cant be from just an intake...something is not installed right...which is exactly what was wrong with my freinds car

Let me rephrase that then..... the "average" person can't install a MAF backwards on these cars. Jeeeez, I would take all his tools away from him before he hurts himself.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 07:03 PM

I agree he is a knuckle head...but it happened and the symptoms were just as the man who started this thread described...no harm no foul...we are all here to help
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

if it is the rs intake take off the hard pipe. leave the rest on till u get a tune. it worked for me and u get a lil beter then stock. its the hard pipe that messes everything up. i dont no y.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 07:25 PM

actually, chances are that the intake was installed wrong. Make sure the black rubber hose is closest to the turbo and not between the MAF and the filter.
Old Nov 9, 2005 | 07:28 PM

Not to mention that the Evo stock runs extremely rich from the door, so adding an intake without any other mods is pointless. Best bet is to reflash the ecu, best bang for the buck. A lot of power, and only one mod.