Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I love Evos !

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i always like evo, just wish that they could come out with AYC like JDM version
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Al you are the shi*. you love evos, and my evo loves you. serious, i had the chance to attempt to run down the car running the rnr kit with Al behind the wheel, and me in the passenger seat. i will never forget it. never been in the passenger seat of my own car before. i tried explaining it to my wife, but she didnt understand. "honey, it was like michael jordan showing up in your driveway asking to shoot around with you." cool stuff man thanks a million. car is running SO much better. by spring you we will get you to the portland area.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Al,

how much whp were you estimating on the white rabiit turbo'd evo with 20 psi on 92 octane?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
Al,

how much whp were you estimating on the white rabiit turbo'd evo with 20 psi on 92 octane?
They have improved the white rabbit somehow this one had some adjustable actuator set up - it was set a bit tight and was seeing some boost creep. I am waiting to hear back from the customer on how it will work when he loosens the wastgate a bit. It pulled really hard for something based on the stock turbo for sure. I was not using my data logger with G force as it was an aem tune. I would estimate in the very high 380 range on whp. With race gas it would be over 400 whp with ease.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

The EVO is the best car for the money. Bar none.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

amen, its an amazing car. I liked my 04 so much I got an 06 now. We have been spoiled with the evo. Not only is the car pretty fast out of the box, the steering and control is simply amazing. I drive my friends 04 z06 all the time. Don't get me wrong it is alot faster on straight aways, but the steering is horrid compared to an evo. You almost feel unsafe even moving the steering wheel at 100+. As everyone knows in the evo, the car feels safe at very high speeds. I dont know if im gonna drive evo's the rest of my life or what, but like everyone says there is nothing on the market that comes even close unless you spend twice as much.

Also just wanted to say al you are da man. It is great to have a tuner who does not only do what he does for a job, but someone who enjoys it and has the same kind of car. Al tuned my 04 and I drove it for almost 2 years without a lick. Al you are an amazing tuner and quite friendly too. If there was an evo hall of fame you should be first in line to be in it.

Last edited by an0ther; Nov 15, 2005 at 06:00 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

damn, this thread makes me really want to drive.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Thanksgiving weekend, we're off to the mountains! Family, turkey, twisties.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

4G64 for life.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ huh, you just killed the thread.

[out cold]
Old Nov 15, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
They have improved the white rabbit somehow this one had some adjustable actuator set up - it was set a bit tight and was seeing some boost creep. I am waiting to hear back from the customer on how it will work when he loosens the wastgate a bit. It pulled really hard for something based on the stock turbo for sure. I was not using my data logger with G force as it was an aem tune. I would estimate in the very high 380 range on whp. With race gas it would be over 400 whp with ease.
i dont understand though.

doesnt the stock turbo max out roughly around 350-360whp?

why would someone buy a WR for 1500 dollars if they are limited to something like only 50-60 whp more.

if i spent that much money i'd want larger gains than that :<
Old Nov 15, 2005, 09:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, if you don't like it, then it is not for you... that is ok, and no one should let their feathers be ruffled over it. It's just that some people want a direct bolt on turbo that could be replaced if you needed to with an OE turbo. Many people are happy with the gains... others are not. If you are a drag/hwy warrior, I'd say this turbo is NOT for you.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Zeus
Hey, if you don't like it, then it is not for you... that is ok, and no one should let their feathers be ruffled over it. It's just that some people want a direct bolt on turbo that could be replaced if you needed to with an OE turbo. Many people are happy with the gains... others are not. If you are a drag/hwy warrior, I'd say this turbo is NOT for you.
The main point is that i think they did something to the actuator - I am going to call FP to check when I have some free time - this has given it an extra kick in the whp department that was not there before. It is feeling good now. I am tuning another WR equiped evo tommorrow in Peroia IL so I will get some G measurments and have some data to compare.

My main point in starting this thread was to be a counter point to several fo the threads that have started lateley along the lines of evos suck or - "WTF, no crusie control"

My point is that in real world driving - e.g. when its raining - I don't know of any other car which can hang with an evo.

I have been tuning evos in the last few weeks which are up about 90 - 100,000 miles and they are still tight, still handle great and still a blast to drive.

Its a great car and ita bout time some of the evo haters on this forum either woke up to what an amazing machine it is or traded it in for a suv

My worst night mare was running into my former customer KVcycle's lovely red evo with silver stripes in Orlando Florida - (it was a really nicly modified and good looking evo) and discovering that the owner had traded it in on a SATURN

The new owner bought it at a SATURN used car department and it had the saturn oil sticker to prove it.

I think I will be driving my Evo untill they run out of fosil fuels - and it was good to see recently that is working on some hybird evos to keep me going after th gas runs out.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
for what it is. i think it is a good turbo

but for the gains it gives i think its over priced.

should be around 900 dollars imo.

thats me though.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8thWonder
The EVO is the best car for the money. Bar none.
THATS IT Right there!