Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you ever look at an evo owner and think what a waste?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I beat the f*cking Crap out of this car every time i get in it. I break stuff, fix it and when i get in over my head, i pay the pros and learn (sadly quite often). I maintian it obsessively and enjoy every minute of driving and fixing it. When it gets too thrashed it has a frame off resto in it's future and it will stay a street car. 03' for life yo!

What irrates me far more than people that baby thier cars are the ones who thrash them and are horrified and surprised when they break and ***** about poor quality / service.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 tickets in the span of 3 weeks will fix you right up

I get into too much trouble with this car. I'll have to keep all the spirited driving for track days.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the price of the monthly payments keeps me from breaking stuff or getting tickets cuz i cant aford them
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

all i can say is i feel sorry for my cars
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by walkedu
I'm one of only two Evo owners in my town of Minot ND. The other is just a 16 year old girl. I ran into her at the gym the other day and tryed to make small talk with her about her car and joining my DSM club (own a 98 GST Spyder as well). After a few minutes of talking with her with her hood up, i soon realized that the ONLY reason she has the car is because it's red (her favorite color) and her dad bought it for her because she wanted a back seat. Sigh...
wow...just wow...you shouldve stole her car and givin it to someone who deserves it...youd be a modern day robinhood! and my hero!...if you gave it to me of course, if not, then youd be my enemy!

Originally Posted by akunochi
I saw a red evo the other day with 19" chrome rims, a punisher skull sticker covering the rear window, red LED underbodys, and an aftermarket aluminum wing. I know every Evo owner in town except that kid, but if I find him I am going to kick him in the face and tell him he can't read good.

read well...lol (j/k)
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

My question is why do you care? I have much better things do occupy my mind than how some random person drives thier car. Drive your car the way want and shut up. The next guy will do the same.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

I Agree. i for one drive slow, i dont want to see my Evo totaled, i love my car to much, and i rather cruise so the girls can see me.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Every morning in the mirror
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:43 AM

Difficult question really... People only driving Evos because Evos are one of the best Japanese cars ever? They don't really deserve it... People that rev it up to the limiter, bounce off and end in a ditch? Don't really like them either. People driving granny style, with two kids in the back? Nah, the Evo is not for them...
Very few people deserve an Evo if we should go like this... Who deserve it? People appreciating fast cars (they will only get a bunch of speeding tickets and crash it)? People appreciating Japanese cars? Who deserves it?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by i11matticc
read well...lol (j/k)

Quiet you!!!!! LOL
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

u guys should drive it like you stole it often. just get a dd if you are not going to use your evo on the streets because it is dangerous and a waste of gas. maybe a full tank of spirited driving might cost you $10 in gas. even if you did that over the course of a year you'd be out maybe $600. and if you drive like grandma everyday, you must have bought the evo b/c it is either so comfortable, gets great gas mileage, looks awesome, has a very luxiorious interior, or is dependable as any car can be. since i see you all b!tch about everyone of the above things, i'll infer you bought this car b/c of it's performance. now go act like it. that is exactly what a waste is. spending money on all of this upkeep (tires, oil changes, brakes, warranty, gas, resale value, etc.) only to drive like you have a corrola.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

when i see a Evo owner who trys to race me or give me the BOV next to me with a strait face like he is trying to prove something then i think, wow what a waste.... as for people who dont drive it hard...good for them, doesn't bother me.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
and if you drive like grandma everyday, you must have bought the evo b/c it is either so comfortable, gets great gas mileage, looks awesome, has a very luxiorious interior, or is dependable as any car can be.
It's really none of these!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eiriksmil
It's really none of these!
you must be the only one who did not buy this car for it's performance then. out of curiosity, why did you?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with you, Nez. I'm not trying to show my car off on the street when I'm driving. I do go above 3000rpms every now and then, but that's just for my enjoyment. Once I'm in fifth I just cruise. Not everyone's a racer.

Quick Reply: Do you ever look at an evo owner and think what a waste?