Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you ever look at an evo owner and think what a waste?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Because it's a pretty color DUH!!!!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
you must be the only one who did not buy this car for it's performance then. out of curiosity, why did you?
Actually I dont own an Evo, but you see, in 3 years, I am definatly buying myself an Evo, wheter it's a 1992 Evo I, or a brand new IX/X. Well, as I said, it's not comfy, it's not extremly dependable, it's not really a Merdedes, or you won't get great gas mileage, but it's one helluva performer. Which is the reason for me being hanged up with getting an Evo for the past 6 years...
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
Every morning in the mirror
yeah, i agree...

I like driving my evo even though i don't do it well. i guess that's what counts.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

This is one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard. Just because I own an incredible car doesn't necessarily mean I should be driving it ***** to the walls.

I purchased this car because it had the power when I needed it (Passing/Track days) and it’s a fun car to drive. I didn’t buy it to show off on the open road therefore increasing my chances of killing some van full of kids.

Don't get me wrong, I get on it every now and then when the traffic is light, but I'm not up for putting other motorists at risk.

If I'm in the mood to run the car hard, I take it to the track! This is the place to abuse your car. Please don't do it on the road. My 2 young girls could be in the car you hit because you were driving your car like you stole it!

Also, repect your car, don't abuse it.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ZK
I don't think it's a waste. They purchased and can afford to do whatever they want with their cars. Not everyone is into motorsports or driving fast. They may just like the car for other reasons.

It's like people who purchase Ferraris and Lamborghinis, most of them will never use all of the potential of the car but hey, they can afford it and just have it as a art piece. I give them respect because they worked hard to get it. It's theirs and they can do whatever they want with it.

i agree with him. i noticed that ppl who say things like oh its a waste are immature high school kids(not saying that you are) or rich sobby sobs. ppl think of cars as investments also, some ppl daily driver their evo. and have to make payments, and cant afford to have things breaking all the time due to driving liking an ***. and some are just sensible enough not to drive like an *** on the streets.

Carlo
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo637
I just drive normally in the street, not like a madman. I save money on fuel and spend that fuel money when it comes time for a track day.
Keeping it on the track is the smart thing to do.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:27 PM
Account Disabled

/\ agreed...play on the track it is cheaper.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

I rev past 5k atleast 3 times a day... not in unsafe areas ofcourse

I didn't rev past 5k on my first 3k miles

What's the point of a fast car if you can't enjoy it?

Have Spirit
Old Nov 14, 2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nvr2old32
This is one of the dumbest questions I've ever heard. Just because I own an incredible car doesn't necessarily mean I should be driving it ***** to the walls.

I purchased this car because it had the power when I needed it (Passing/Track days) and it’s a fun car to drive. I didn’t buy it to show off on the open road therefore increasing my chances of killing some van full of kids.

Don't get me wrong, I get on it every now and then when the traffic is light, but I'm not up for putting other motorists at risk.

If I'm in the mood to run the car hard, I take it to the track! This is the place to abuse your car. Please don't do it on the road. My 2 young girls could be in the car you hit because you were driving your car like you stole it!

Also, repect your car, don't abuse it.
Well said!

Originally Posted by akunochi
/\ agreed...play on the track it is cheaper.
And a lot safer. How come your Evo is crashed?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

we're not talking about abusing the car, we're not asking you to beat the f*ck outta your evo everytime you get in.

However, if you are planning to drive the evo as you would a camry, GET A CAMRY.

I drive it like i stole it 90% of the day but it might be because im always in a god damned rush but seriously, I think people who doesnt use the car's potential AT ALL should get another car.

Its like those people who NEVER drive the car as he would because of tickets. Dude, you know you're gonna get tickets in the EVO, look at the damned spoiler!! I get tickets all the time but I will never stop driving the way i do because i spent my life's savings on this car because of its driveability and tickets are just part of the expense, like GAS.

sounds to me like some of you guys bought the car because it LOOKS fast.

Last edited by AllYouCanTiff; Nov 14, 2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

I dont see anythign wrong with people who baby their cars, eg not revving it often.

I do though see something wrong with people who dont respect the evo. People who bought it becaue it looks cool, or heard it was fast and have no clue of what it is capable of. People who abuse their car.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

I see it all the time, but not because of how they drive the car. All performance vehicles tend to attract a certain number of people who think it will somehow make them more attractive or more respected. Take a look at the next person behind the wheel of a Corvette or any other sports car. I'd say 75% of the time it's a dorky little guy or some 60 year old whose thinking "the chicks will dig me now". LOL. Too bad they don't have some type of review board for performance cars.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by AllYouCanTiff

However, if you are planning to drive the evo as you would a camry, GET A CAMRY.

sounds to me like some of you guys bought the car because it LOOKS fast.
well lets face it. thats reality. its like saying to all the soccer moms to not buy suvs cuz you dont use it for what its for, off road, ect, ect. some people may want to drive spiritly or not. point is ppl buy cars for different reasons. either for track sessions. weekend warriors, casaul driving. the looks. why would a person get a camry if he/she hates the looks for it but like the looks of the evo.

Who cares. it comes down to being its the persons money and what he wants to do with.

and a big thumbs down to all the ******* drivers in any sport compact car that makes it bad for the rest of us.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by eiriksmil
Well said!

And a lot safer. How come your Evo is crashed?

Guy ram a stop sign. It's ficed now, but I haven't done a photoshoot yet.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Drunken MOnkey
well lets face it. thats reality. its like saying to all the soccer moms to not buy suvs cuz you dont use it for what its for, off road, ect, ect. some people may want to drive spiritly or not. point is ppl buy cars for different reasons. either for track sessions. weekend warriors, casaul driving. the looks. why would a person get a camry if he/she hates the looks for it but like the looks of the evo.
are you admitting that you bought the car for its looks? or maybe not you, but some people on this board did and you think thats actually respectable?

It is obvious that soccer moms did not wish to go off roading but I would like to imagine that most people on this board ARE NOT LIKE SOCCER MOMs - We claim to be CAR ENTHUSIASTS!! And there lies the difference between us evo owners and soccer moms - bad analogy.

Once again, im not telling you to beat the car to hell, redline every gear or drift around every corner. I dont rev past 4000 RPM often, maybe once or twice in a day but i sure as hell dont drive my evo as i would a camry.

Quick Reply: Do you ever look at an evo owner and think what a waste?