Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you ever look at an evo owner and think what a waste?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eiriksmil
Actually I dont own an Evo, but you see, in 3 years, I am definatly buying myself an Evo, wheter it's a 1992 Evo I, or a brand new IX/X. Well, as I said, it's not comfy, it's not extremly dependable, it's not really a Merdedes, or you won't get great gas mileage, but it's one helluva performer. Which is the reason for me being hanged up with getting an Evo for the past 6 years...
I've been to Oslo on vacation. You people are agressive drivers. I was sad I didn't rent a car so I could join in the fun. If I had an Evo and lived in Oslo, I'd dissapear into those mountains, and no one would see me until my gas money ran out.

I need to get back to Norway, I love that country. Alt for Norge!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AllYouCanTiff

Its like those people who NEVER drive the car as he would because of tickets. Dude, you know you're gonna get tickets in the EVO, look at the damned spoiler!! I get tickets all the time but I will never stop driving the way i do because i spent my life's savings on this car because of its driveability and tickets are just part of the expense, like GAS.

sounds to me like some of you guys bought the car because it LOOKS fast.

Dude, im not gonna knock you for having fun, but dont you think youre gunning it a little too much? People SHOULD be worried about tickets, because if you get enough, you lose your license not to mention the pesky fines that come with them, and if you spent your life savings on the car, then maybe you shouldnt have bought it to begin with...again to each his own, you do what you want to do, but dont give people wrong advice.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

wrong advice? im sorry this is an internet forum, its ALL about advices - right ones and wrong ones depending on the person reading it.

Im giving my input to the thread, dont tell me im giving wrong advice. Wrong advice would be to tell you to drive 60 mph on a local street so you can run over all of your neighbor's children. Which is definitely not what im telling you to do.

Maybe i shouldnt have bought my car because I dont drive like a grandma? Dude thats a low blow.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

When you get enough tickets for them to take your license away (me) and get one just before your license goes away for 30 days, for doing 107 in a 65 and are awaiting court, you may find you end up changing your driving habbits. I find that now and again I have been re-thinking the usage of my brick stump that some call a foot.

Also paying $1000/yr for tickets, license re-instating fees, etc, hurts the mod budget. Especially when you pay $700/mo for rent along with your $500 car payment and $300 insurance payment and $400/mo gas payment along with CC bills, gas bills, electric bills. You need a $60,000/yr job just to stay afloat with such bad driving habbits.

Last edited by Stew; Nov 14, 2005 at 01:59 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

i think its ok to baby your car. people like to play as well. the only waste is when you either see some kid driving it because their parents bought them it, and they dont respect their car, that and the best was some chick filling up her evo with 89 octane. if i ever see her i will kick her in the face!
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

FYI - Cops in queens pull me over for my big wing or my loud exhaust or because they dont like seeing girls in evos. NOT because im a hazard to the people of Flushing.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

wrong advice? im sorry this is an internet forum, its ALL about advices - right ones and wrong ones depending on the person reading it.

Im giving my input to the thread, dont tell me im giving wrong advice. Wrong advice would be to tell you to drive 60 mph on a local street so you can run over all of your neighbor's children. Which is definitely not what im telling you to do.

Maybe i shouldnt have bought my car because I dont drive like a grandma? Dude thats a low blow.

dude, fair enough, im just sayin maybe you should chill a little if you get tickets often, because those tickets will eventually bite you in the butt, especially if you lose your license, the wonderful machine you drive will be no good to you if you cant drive it at all
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

i could care less, but what does bother me so much is some idiot that has deep pockets, with about 20k of the most ridiculously picked out mods i have ever seen. poor mod path, poor part matching (different man. making different parts meant to be paired with other parts) thinking that he is top notch, but really his car is junk (expensive... yes) and he cant drive worth a crap. it kills me to no end.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

..or because they dont like seeing girls in evos.
Usually its the Males they dont like seeing in fast cars with big wings and loud exhausts. If you're male and between the ages of 16 and 30, you are guilty. Females *typically* get off a little easier, unless of course, you drive like an ***
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

we're not talking about abusing the car, we're not asking you to beat the f*ck outta your evo everytime you get in.

However, if you are planning to drive the evo as you would a camry, GET A CAMRY.

I drive it like i stole it 90% of the day but it might be because im always in a god damned rush but seriously, I think people who doesnt use the car's potential AT ALL should get another car.

Its like those people who NEVER drive the car as he would because of tickets. Dude, you know you're gonna get tickets in the EVO, look at the damned spoiler!! I get tickets all the time but I will never stop driving the way i do because i spent my life's savings on this car because of its driveability and tickets are just part of the expense, like GAS.

sounds to me like some of you guys bought the car because it LOOKS fast.

So your saying that because i have an Evo and I dont beat the crap out of it and drive like I stole it 90% of my day then I dont deserve it? Thats crap dude...I didnt buy the car to kill myself or others, I bought it because it is a great car with everything I would want in a car as I am an auto enthusiast through and through... I dont track mine because right now I cant afford broken parts and I have enough common sense to say hmmm I dont have many to fix parts on my stupidity so I guess I should'nt be stupid with it....But for you to say to anyone like me who has an Evo and loves the car for what it is and whats its capable of doing but dont push the limits of our everyday lives that we dont deserve our cars thats just ignorant...

I agree with you i11matticc that whole ticket nonsense is about the stupidest concept I have ever heard, tickets are not an everyday thing and its not an expense like gas....Losing license would mean no work, no work means no Evo thats no an option but I guess in my case I should sell it because I dont drive it like I stole it anyway ...
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZK
I don't think it's a waste. They purchased and can afford to do whatever they want with their cars. Not everyone is into motorsports or driving fast. They may just like the car for other reasons.

It's like people who purchase Ferraris and Lamborghinis, most of them will never use all of the potential of the car but hey, they can afford it and just have it as a art piece. I give them respect because they worked hard to get it. It's theirs and they can do whatever they want with it.
i agree who cares it's there car
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:22 PM

are you admitting that you bought the car for its looks? or maybe not you, but some people on this board did and you think thats actually respectable?

It is obvious that soccer moms did not wish to go off roading but I would like to imagine that most people on this board ARE NOT LIKE SOCCER MOMs - We claim to be CAR ENTHUSIASTS!! And there lies the difference between us evo owners and soccer moms - bad analogy.

Once again, im not telling you to beat the car to hell, redline every gear or drift around every corner. I dont rev past 4000 RPM often, maybe once or twice in a day but i sure as hell dont drive my evo as i would a camry.
totally understandable. haha just for you to know i bought the evo because i liked the evo for performance for a street driven car/weekend track/strip warrior. some may have bought the evo just for looks. thats respectable to me. i mean its there car, i may get mad if they rice it out but its not my car, they are not going to change it just because of me.

i dont think my analogy is bad. most svu owners just want more cargo room. why cant a wagon be enough? why doest it have to a gas guzzle v8 on 20ins? its the persons taste. nowdont get me wrong im not knocking you or anything just wanted you to see other views ect ect.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

hey travman, I SAID people who do not use the car's potential AT ALL - BIG CAPITALIZED LETTERS, YES.

you guys think on two extremes: if you dont drive like a grandma, you drive like an ***.

Like america, i'd like to think most of us are part of the middle - we dont drive like a grandma and we dont drive like we are out to exterminate pedestrians.

Anyway, what I am sh*tting on is those people who NEVER EVER EVER EVER use the car's potential... EVER.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:32 PM

No. I'd rather have someone granny drive in an evo than some kid who thinks he can drive fast, only to wrap it around a tree. I don't want idiots crashing evos because I don't want the insurance to go up. In other words, all other evo drivers need to start driving like pussies.

Originally Posted by Mr. Slappy
I've seen it a few times, when you meet an evo owner simply put drives the car like a *****. Prime example, my buddy got a new 05 and has driven it 8k miles now and the only time its been over 5k rpm's is when I drove it. I've seen this sad reality with other evo owners also.

I mean I can understand not wanting to launch it but at least take some high speed sweepers or autox or something where you get to feel how incredible the car is. I just find it sad too see an evo go to waste
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GAS, is the most rediculous excuse I have heard for accelerating slowly and not revving past 3k. Why the hell did you buy an evo if you are so money stricken that you have to drive your performance car that already gets HORRIBLE gas mileage slowly. Youll only save maybe 3-6$ on that tank by driving like that.

That is just stupid, buy a civic or a prius if you want to drive your car to get good gas mileage.

And getting a ticket! Another poor excuse...you can get a ticket in ANY car whether it is an EVO or a CAMRY. I accelerate quickly/briskly all the time in my car but I never exceed the speed limit. You get tickets in your car because you exceed the SPEED LIMIT, run RED LIGHTS, and drive like an IDIOT. I have only gotten 1 ticket in my life and that wasn't even in my EVO.

Quick Reply: Do you ever look at an evo owner and think what a waste?