Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do you ever look at an evo owner and think what a waste?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I swore before I bought my Evo in June that I would baby it like crazy, in order to save gas and make it last forever. I too bought it for the look, the feel, and the prestige. For the most part, I drive very conservatively (65 mph on straight highway, to and from work). But I'm finding more and more that I'm unable to resist the urge to drive it hard, whether it be on a winding, empty road or to pass a long line of trucks traveling at 40 mph. I have never launched it, and I never will. I've never even redlined it technically, but I find that the car seems to want to be pushed hard with WOT until just before the redline. Yeah I know it sucks up the gas. But it is just irresistable, even to an older guy like me. I feel like I'm 19 every time I get behind the wheel.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

i'd just like to say that every single time i drive my car.. it sees 7k+ rpms. just a question.. do you think it's illegal to go around 90degree turns without slowing.. well not slowing much.... could i get a ticket for doing that?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

I did not mean my post as in beating the **** outta our cars or putting people in danger on the streets. Its directed towards those that will never even try to find the limit of the car in a legal event or deserted street. I also did not say they dont deserve it.

I think theres a lot of kids that get the car just for the looks and to say they drive an evo. IMO I think thats a waste.

Last edited by Mr. Slappy; Nov 14, 2005 at 07:05 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:55 PM

if theres no law ......ill push my car to the limit...........
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

I have to push the car if not then it's not worth being in debt for !
Old Nov 14, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

I babied the car, little to no launches and such. Until my first autoX!! Evo's are ment to be drivin, if you buy it because of looks then just go out and by a regular lancer.

If something breaks, it's just an excuse to replace it with something better
Old Nov 14, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well all I can say is that i do drive my EVO aggressively when I have to or if I'm in a rush or if I just want to mess with someone.

But anyhow, for the most part I drive normally. No need to waste gas or to put any excess abuse or wear and tear on my car.

However what I do do often is just cruise the blvds and highways at night looking for other cars to mess with. I normally dont mess with them first. I just make my presence known by rolling along side them, maybe even passing them a bit in hopes that they'll bite......when they do, floor it and pass me, I usually lay the smackdown...catch up and leave them in the dust. I swear those are some of the best kills.

But anyhow, the EVO attracts so much attention that even if I'm driving normally everyone and their mother tries to run me.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Assassin
I would love to kick his face in along with you.
+1
we should start a new thread of who would like to kick him in the face too
Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Sometimes not driving the car fast is the best thing, i remember i had a 600+hp chevelle when i was twenty. My paretns were so concerned because it had no seatbelts and was fast as ****. They thought i would kill myself in that thing, but ironically i found myself driving slow all the time. Cuzz when you know you can beat anything on th street there is no need to prove it. Hell, just hearing th pipes on that thing was enough to make people know not to mess with me. IF somebody would come up revving, i didnt need to race, i would just turn to them and laugh, they would get the picture.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Slappy
I've seen it a few times, when you meet an evo owner simply put drives the car like a *****.
yep , its sad
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Think what you want, but "pushing it" on the street doesn't excite me. I've got nothing to prove and quite a bit to loose by "proving" I'm fast on street.

What I usually find ironic is that usually the guys who think I'm a ***** for not racing on the freeway are the ones with a long list of excuses of why they won't take thier car to the track or even to an AutoX.

To me 10 to 15 seconds of speed that might reach 130 (and alot of legal complications) is a cheap way out of facing a long string of hard corners, straights and braking zones that can really challenge both the car and the driver. The challenge I can find at a good track day is way above anything you can do on the steets. On the streets the speeds are too slow and the braking zones and corners are too easy. After spending hours driving my car at the limit in 20 to 40 minute blasts, a 10 second 2 gear "street race" would feel like poser BS - ************, not real sex.

That said, I still don't drive it like grandma - my car would never respect me...

Last edited by erioshi; Nov 14, 2005 at 10:56 PM.