Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

lemon law question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2005, 06:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lemon law question

ok so im lemon lawing my 04 evo because multiple transfer case issues...we will be starting the paperwork soon...i was wondering how this will work out....from what i understand they have to give me a brand new one...im sure there arent any 04s around so do u guys think there gonna be giving me an 05 or what....it seems like its going to be hard to find a brand new 05...what do u guys think will happen...please help...i just want to kno that il be driving an evo again soon...an 05 would be nice...a few extra thousand for a ix would be really nice
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diiirk
ok so im lemon lawing my 04 evo because multiple transfer case issues...we will be starting the paperwork soon...i was wondering how this will work out....from what i understand they have to give me a brand new one...im sure there arent any 04s around so do u guys think there gonna be giving me an 05 or what....it seems like its going to be hard to find a brand new 05...what do u guys think will happen...please help...i just want to kno that il be driving an evo again soon...an 05 would be nice...a few extra thousand for a ix would be really nice
Why not call a lawer in your state. The best your going to get is a new transfer case not a new Evo
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

I thought lemon law is just a buy back not replacement.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

well i do have a lawyer....and there not going to replace it again...lemon law is 3 times for the same problem and they have replaced it 3 times...and each time the t-case broke within 5 days....i never knew if there was a break in period for a t-case so i just did it anyway...i never launched redlined or reached full boost up until it the t-case went....and wat i was really asking was which year evo you guys would think they would give me...since there most likely are no new 04s left and i thought it would be very hard to get a new 05
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by glgz
I would think its different by state, could be. They will have a option buy back or replace the Transfer Case. Whats a more economical out come.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:23 PM

what was happening to the t/c's?
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by glgz
I'm pretty sure lemon law is they just give the exact amount of money you spent on the car, which you can use to purchase another one if you choose to. My friend with an SRT-4 had a lemon and they just gave him money back.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleet
I'm pretty sure lemon law is they just give the exact amount of money you spent on the car, which you can use to purchase another one if you choose to. My friend with an SRT-4 had a lemon and they just gave him money back.

bingo. i was going to file a lemon law claim on the car i owned prior to my evo, but it died before i was able to complete the lemon lawstuff, so i just traded it in.

apperently they were going to give me about 2500 bucks to compensate me for the engine that went.

but i would have had to keep a dead car sitting around for a couple months until all their investigations and paperwork were completed. so i opted to get rid of it instead. no reason to be making a payment on some that doesn't even drive.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

i'm surprised your dealer didn't mention anything about your clutch setup..
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

well they never mentioned the clutch setups...but the first 2 t-cases broke with the stock clutch..the 3rd was with the act clutch..they installed the clutch and recomended i put in an aftermarket clutch..
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

My friend lemoned his jetta and they just gave him what he payed.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 07:59 PM

I am a studying law at MSU and with the lemon law, you will recieve either full compensation for the car back if you choose, or you can choose for repair costs...along with damages for inconvenience. If I were you, I would take the cash back...whatever it may be....30K?...and add a few thousand on top and get the new IX...better all around car. Stronger, better looking, and after mods invented for it (cams, EMS....) car will smoke. Good luck with lawsuit.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:04 PM

Since you have had use of the car for so long, they can and will deduct for mileage. If they buy it back, you'll basically get bluebook.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since they already replaced the t-case 3x they will most likely just do the buy back option and give you back what you originally paid for the Evo. Just use that money and upgrade to the IX.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

going through it with my friend, and his audi tt. lemon lays says that they have to give u full compensation for ur car, taxes included for u to do whatever u want with. apparently they also have the option of giving u ur old car back if u traded one in. either way if u go to the the government website, they have lawyers that will take care of this for u for free. they just go after the dealership for their money and get it!