Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Defi BF boost gauge questions for owners and vendors.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defi BF boost gauge questions for owners and vendors.

I am looking at purchasing the bf boost gauge and controller. Are these the most accurate boost gauges on the market? Do the actual boost lines plug in the gauge or controller. Is there anyway to make the boost gauge work without controller? I'm not going to put in any other gauges and am not really worried about playback etc.. I just want a good boost gauge that matches PERFECTLY. Also if any vendors read this, please message me the best price you can do for the red gauge and controller shipped to 30067. I found it on ebay for $314 shipped, if anyone can beat this please let me know asap as I am about to purchase this within a month. Thank you for the help everyone.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 07:03 AM
JTB
Evolved Member

1) The Defis are accurate and high quality

2) Boost lines connect to a sensor and a wire then runs to the control unit. You then run a wire to the gauge.

3) You do need the control unit. It powers the gauges, adjusts daytime and nighttime brightness as well has peak and recording abilities (I didn’t think I would use it but ended up really liking it)

4) The BF red match the interior really nicely

5) Vendors will have a hard time beating an Ebay price. It is always nice to have a quality vendor behind a purchase if something isn’t right -- Ebay is always a risk. Gruppe-S gave me a great price on my set and were great to deal with

Defi -- Gruppe-S

Last edited by JTB; Nov 15, 2005 at 07:28 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

If you buy the Gauge you must get the controller also it is the hub for the system with out it the gauge wount work, the gauge comes with the sensor and the sensor plugs in to the controller go to www.defi-shop.com and read all about it.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for the help people
Old Nov 15, 2005, 07:32 AM

Go to Z1auto.com...they have the best deal for the 3 gauge package. You get the BF Boost Gauge, the EGT, and your choice between oil or fuel pressure. Package comes with control unit, sensors needed, and mounting brackets for gauges to go on A-pillar. All of this for $775. that is basically the cost of 2 gauges and a control unit WITH NO mounting brackets anywhere else. Great vendor. Very easy to work with and nice.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 07:33 AM

PM 500whp.com, best prices for sure.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

I would recommend going through a reliable vendor here that would offer you support after your purchase in the case you need it.

If its a new vendor, make sure to ask what kind of warranty THEY offer....

I've had my DEFI's for over a year and no problems *knock on wood*.

I wouldn't chage them for any others.