Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Supra vs Evo vs RX-7 **vid**

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supra vs Evo vs RX-7 **vid**

VID

Good vid... "FR vs AWD"

Sorry if it's a repost..
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Nice quote: "the AWD will rule!"

And obligatory woman at the end in less than adequate clothing for that weather.

Was the ABS really faulty or was it just a case of the driver blaming the tools?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

I would say once AWD cars lose traction, it is difficult to save from spinning in the raining. Seems like RWD cars are easier to save from spinning even they lose traction.

Need to have the skills when battling.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome!!!
The EVO will get em next time
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That video SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED who freaking cares if a AWD car beat two RWD car in the rain???????? Yippeeee. Put them on a dry course and see what happens at least it would be a race.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:52 PM

nice vid

Last edited by jdmevo8313; Nov 15, 2005 at 12:56 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
That video SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED who freaking cares if a AWD car beat two RWD car in the rain???????? Yippeeee. Put them on a dry course and see what happens at least it would be a race.
The Evo lost. Did you even watch it?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't finish watching it because it sucked!! Do you autox in the rain, would you take your car to Buttonwillow in the rain, do you drag in the rain, no no no no. I just assumed it won based on the all the nut grabbing the commentator was doing.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't finish watching it because it sucked!! Do you autox in the rain, would you take your car to Buttonwillow in the rain, do you drag in the rain, no no no no. I just assumed it won based on the all the nut grabbing the commentator was doing.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Now thats answers a previous thread bout handling of an FR against a AWD. Even though skills was not all equal, but if the FR driver is mad good as u can see applying throttle control and etc amount of techniques, it can beat an AWD car around the track. Though awesome race, i want to see the them race when its dry. **** man the evo guy could have done better, crappy ABS :P
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Love the cars.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:05 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bd307
I would say once AWD cars lose traction, it is difficult to save from spinning in the raining. Seems like RWD cars are easier to save from spinning even they lose traction.

Need to have the skills when battling.

Actually it is completely the other way around. You can put the power down earlier in poor conditions and, especially in the Evo as it has a front wheel bias, when you brake traction you progress in a ballanced 4 wheel drift.

The reason the Evo lost was due to ABS problems and a driver that was being tentative compared to the others.
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

i've autox'ed in the rain and gone to the track (roadcourse) in the rain. so??

maybe you should actually watch the fricking video before you judge it. just a thought...
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:27 PM

Guess you shouldn't assume huh? You having a bad day or something?
Old Nov 15, 2005, 01:31 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

Just because you are a fair weather driver and live in dry and warm Cali doesn't mean the rest of the world is the same. In the UK they run driving events rain or shine.... Why? Because they wouldn't get very many track events otherwise.

Learning to drive in the rain is a skill. The track in this vid was very wet and actually made it entertaining.

Not only are you making assumptions but you also don't know what you are talking about...

Last edited by JTB; Nov 15, 2005 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Supra vs Evo vs RX-7 **vid**