Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschar vs. Vishnu upgrade kits

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2005, 07:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
being from laguna seca (per your profile), I'd go with the local boys of Vishnu. It would be hard for me to believe someone from laguna seca would be more interested in drag racing vs. road racing, but maybe I'm wrong. Buschur is known more for drag racing, Vishnu is known more for road racing.

Nothing against Buschur, I have none of their products and have no first hand knowledge of their products, but I'm sure they are very good.

I have Vishnu products, and have met Shiv. He/they at Vishnu are very intelligent and EVO knowledgeable. It would just make sense to go with someone closer, for customer support after you buy the kit. Especially if you're more into road racing, Shiv's expertise lies here, and his setups will excel there.
We actually have quite a few customers who are road racers that also love our products.

Here is the most recent story of a Buschur road racing car:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...attack+buschur

The car was tuned by David the sunday before SEMA while we were in Las Vegas. The finished 1st in Unlimited AWD, and had the 2nd overall. The only car beating it out was a GM factory backed fully race built Chevy Cobalt. Seth's car has a FULL interior and he still drives the thing for business appointments when he is not racing it.

Granted this car is really built but we have plenty of guys out there running anywhere from just a stage 1 to a fully built car like the one in the link. Robi ( Robert Fuller ) started off with just some simple stages and one plenty of events with his car in that form. Another gentleman on these forums by the name of "Nils" has a stage 4 setup and does very well road racing as well. We have had numerous road racers in here who are more than thrilled with the mods they purchased and they come back for more.

Wether it be drag racing, road racing, autocrossing, rally racing or whatever the case maybe the parts speak for themselves and they do make the power!

Actually speaking of Buschur and road racing....... we are building a time attack car of our own over the winter.

InitialD,
If you have any questions at all or you would like some more info please feel free to get ahold of me. I'll be glad to help you out with your build.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its cute how people are just throwing out one word posts with vendor names (most likley trying to justify the one they bought) and giving absolutely NO reason as to why one should choose a particular vendor over another.

Good work guys.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
I think its cute how people are just throwing out one word posts with vendor names (most likley trying to justify the one they bought) and giving absolutely NO reason as to why one should choose a particular vendor over another.

Good work guys.
Ahh yes, I need to post my opinion to justify how I spend my money to people on the internet so let me go ahead and add a few details/validations as to why I support a particular vendor.

I have numerous Buschur Racing products on my car. The usual things that many others on here own. Items like a turboback, intake, intercooler, piping, etc. Every item I have purchased I am fully satisfied with. Fit, finish and performance of the products cannot be beat from my viewpoint. Their knowledge of the platform and fast, friendly service makes their product all the better. Personally, I can't wait until spring so I can add more Buschur Racing upgrades to my car.

I feel so much better now.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

On a serious note, all locals are encouraged to come out to the track with us if they want to have some fun. It's a lot more entertaining than internet debates. ALL of us here at Vishnu (as well as a tight group of friends/customers) run their own cars quite religously on the various road course in Norcal (Sears, Laguna and T-hill). We're certainly fortunate to live in a place which allows for all-year-round testing. Going to tracks also lets you see how various products stack up after harsh conditions. Kinda like a 60k mile durability test squeezed into one racing season

Regards
shiv
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Ok, and?

lol i love it
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

talk to David Buschur it might not be the most expensive on the evo market but is proven performance that has been researched for the highest quality, reliability, and performance. Also a great guy to deal with and he will hook you up more then Vishnu.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara

Good work guys.
I shall justify my one word recommendation by my sig
Old Nov 17, 2005, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

I have worked with both and both are great, stand behind their products, and give great customer support. You can't go wrong with either.

On a side note David does seem to be easier to get in touch with. He is always quick to respond to my e-mails and is always willing to help me out. I have been to his shop half a dozen times encountering all kinds of problems and they have always been willing to do whatever is needed to fix the problem be it theirs or not.

David is a stand up guy will give it to you straight. He will not try and sell you something you don't need. Case in point, I was told my mitsu that I needed a new short block. So I figured why pay mitsu for another stock one when I can take it to Buschur and get a storcker. keep in mind I did not really want to be paying for a new block at all but if it's broke it's broke right. Well long story short I was already told by Mitsu I needed a short block, had already spoken to David about getting his stroker kit before I moved to LA which was very short timing which they agreed to do, even having to take a couple parts from Dan's (his brother) car. Well they discovered that the idiot that installed my clutch did not tighten it down correctly and it had come apart so they tightened it up and that was it. They could have easily charged me and did the work as I had already accepted that it was needed, but they didn't. That is class...
Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

i dont think that "the closer one" is a good idea. i'm over 5000 miles away and have no problem getting help or ordering parts from buschur
Old Nov 18, 2005, 01:39 AM
Evolving Member

closer is actually a good idea if you want the shop itself to do the work and if you need any warranty work done. When I lived in Cincinnati OH, I had Buschur do all the work. It was like a 4+ hour drive but worth it as I did not trust any of the tuners that were closer. I had some issues where I need them to look at their work make changes and add more upgrades. I even had to tow the car up there once as it was not drivable. They were always helpful, stood by there work and did what was needed as I stated in an earlier post. Once I moved to LA, I got rid of the dyno flash and went directly to Shiv for the SMART Xede as I was having some issue manily the loss of power going from a 94 octane dynoflash to a 91 (crap gass in cali). I was able to regain some of that power and now have a tuner close to home.

The point is that it can be very advantageous to have a tuner close to home. However if you are a do it yourselfer or have a company that you turst close then yes you are right it is a moot point. However just remember this...who knows their products better a third party or the person that made them in the first place...
Old Nov 18, 2005, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

I have found a way to destroy 3 clutches, a tranny, and a transfer case.. However; i have yet to have a single problem with my engine or tune. Not once. I have tracked my car over 10+ times, drag raced it over 100 times and plain beat the **** out of it, and the motor still runs perfect. I feel this is a testament to shiv's tuning. In fact i can say this about all of the 7 evos in the group i run with. All of them are running stage 1+'s and we all take part in track days. This was one of em:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=163656
If you plan on tracking the car ill prolly see you @ laguna seca next season as i have yet to run on that amazing course.
Nothing against Buschur, but as far as im concerned Vishnu would be your best choice for road racing.

Last edited by Vishnu_Evo8; Nov 18, 2005 at 02:26 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My vote is for Buschur. But that is a weighted opinion because I dont have any vishnu parts. Dave is very quick to answer pm's/emails and always does so. All of the guys at the shop are very willing to answer any questions you might have.

I am not saying that vishnu does not, like I said earlier, because I have no experience with them. All I know is that Buschur has provided me with top notch products and service everytime..The parts make the acclaimed power, and the customer service is great, what more can you ask for?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 04:33 PM

vishnu's website shows the different stages/packages.... how come buscher's site does not? i see people with Buscher Stage 1, or Stage 2++ and etc... but i have no way to know what those are!? someone please beat me in the head with this information!!!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 07:12 AM

Look for "Upgrade Sequence" on the top middle of the page:

http://www.buschurracing.com/stage0.htm
Old Nov 20, 2005, 02:12 AM

thank you!

Quick Reply: Buschar vs. Vishnu upgrade kits