Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Keep evo for winter or wait until spring

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Well first off I don't know why everyone has to hate on me because I know all of you would get an evo at the age of 16 if u had the chance. Second of all, my mom still has the car taken away but I drive it to work, not anymore though because its snowing here in IL and she knows I can't drive it without snow tires so thats why she cut me loose! Third, I'm not a punk *** kid who just got a badass car and thinking I own the world. I have a friend who practically hangs out with the crew at AMS in Arlington Heights. His name is Igor, tall polish kid. He IS FILTHY RICH!!! I mean, every week he gets $200 for lunch. I treat my evo with respect, I don't wanna crash the thing. Id kill myself literally if I did that. I just simply wanted to know if it was better to have fun with the car or get money and mod the car. I want to grow up and race cars at the track. I am hooked on this type of ****. I really want to go to Japan this summer to check out some drifting competitions and rally races. IM JUST AN EVO FREAK!!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Also, I'm not trying to showcase anything. The only reason why I asked was because everyone on the forums are talking about how fun evos are to drive in the winter. This is going to be my first winter with the car. My parents will be driving me around places like work. I don't really want to drive the evo because I don't want to slide on ice and crash it but on the other hand I want to drive it because people say you can HAVE FUN with the evo in snow. Sorry if you guys think I'm trying to showcase my wealth...........
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tell your dad you you want the car and you will save up the money that you will will feel as if you have earned it. Thats what I think you should do.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

It would be kind of cool if people stuck to the original topic instead of digressing on issues that won't even effect us all no matter what we all say.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:41 PM

This is what I would do if I were in your position. MuslimEvoFreak; garage the car. Five or six months won't kill you, just be sure to talk to some folks about how to properly store your vehicle during the winter months. Then when things are shiny and you have five grand in your pocket, use the money on whatever you want. Hell don't even mod your car; spend it going to performance/race driving schools, or take your girlfriend (If you have one) on a roadtrip.
Also if you want to watch rally races, look up the Sports Car Club of America. They have WRC style rally racing everywhere, look up your local chapter and find the dates and times of places and go check things out there. You won't be disappointed I promise.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
I don't see why you guys are hating on this kid. If any of you guys were him, u would do the same damn thing. Shoot, if my parents bought me an EVO i would not turn it down and NEITHER WOULD YOU.

Just because most of us drove crap-box's when we were 16 doesn't mean anything.
None of us would turn it down, although looking back, no way could I have ever asked such a question in public myself. To most (99%) of us this is a fantasy island question beyond comprehension.

If I were in your shoes I would drive the car! Why waste your youth for a little money! Take the power away from your dad at the same time!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like youve answered your own ?
Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Also, I'm not trying to showcase anything. The only reason why I asked was because everyone on the forums are talking about how fun evos are to drive in the winter. This is going to be my first winter with the car. My parents will be driving me around places like work. I don't really want to drive the evo because I don't want to slide on ice and crash it but on the other hand I want to drive it because people say you can HAVE FUN with the evo in snow. Sorry if you guys think I'm trying to showcase my wealth...........
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:06 PM

i would give the best to my son.....
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id park my car for a few months if i was offerd the 5grand....jst my .02
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

in your situation...

i honestly don't know if i would have the willpower to actually keep my word and not sneak a drive out on a shiny evo in my own garage

scratch that last statemnt: I KNOW i won't be able NOT to take it out for a spin once in a while during the winter
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
drive it...put 5 g's on your christmas list...case closed
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

take the 5grand. I remember being 16 driving a beater that i paid for in the snow, and I was definitely reckless. Now, if I added 150hp and fewer consequences i KNOW something bad would have happened. Don't be foolish and think you won't get yourself into trouble trying to "HAVE FUN" with the evo in the winter. Park it, tell your dad to put the money towards the car payment, thank him for being willing to drive you to work, and save up you're own money for the spring. Chances are if you show that kind of responsibility now your parents would be more likely to give you money towards your car goals in the future.

But I can never tell how rich people think so who knows, i swear money makes people stupid sometimes. Either way, crash the car in the winter (yes, you will) or save it for spring, it's your call.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
tough call
but i would take the money
Old Nov 16, 2005, 09:58 PM

His dad is afraid of his son's life in the car. Why else would his dad offer him to park it. His dad has read about summer tires and his son has only backed up his suspicion that EVOs aren't good in the snow. If he told his dad with good All-Season tires the EVO is fine than his dad shouldn't have a problem. Here is a great answer. Let him send you to Colorado for Winter Driving School. If you pass sucessfully you get to drive the EVO if not it parks for the winter and you get the difference between the school cost and the 5000 dollars
Old Nov 16, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

dude just garage the car if u got nuttin Important to do. Take the 5g's. PPL Dont hate on him. Dude ive seen u in the forums for a while and u didnt crash ur evo. So u kno how to treat it wit respect hopefully. Anywayz wit the 5g's, mwahahah ull be sure to be gettin wicked HP and a sick exterior

Quick Reply: Keep evo for winter or wait until spring