Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Keep evo for winter or wait until spring

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Keep evo for winter or wait until spring

Ok guys, heres the deal..........my dad said that if I garage the evo until April or May to save gas money and insurance, he will give me $5,000 to spend on my car. Now my question is that should I keep the evo and get the winter tires put on and have fun or should I wait 5-6 months to drive my baby, but I get $5,000????
Old Nov 16, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would put the car away and take the $$! But then again, I had an 03' and just traded it with 8000 miles on the odo.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MuslimEvoFreak
Ok guys, heres the deal..........my dad said that if I garage the evo until April or May to save gas money and insurance, he will give me $5,000 to spend on my car. Now my question is that should I keep the evo and get the winter tires put on and have fun or should I wait 5-6 months to drive my baby, but I get $5,000????
I think you should make your own decision. It already disgusts me that you live at home and drive an Evo at the age of 16 thanks to daddy (I know you work at Circuit City, but that's not enough to own an Evo). I prefer that you get winter tires and keep driving it, because I absolutely fear what will happen if you get 5k and spend it on mods.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

tough choice....do you work, how often, how far...if so do you have other means of transportation. if you do work, do you make alot of $$$ is 5,000 alot to you to sacrifice not having your car for more than 1/2 a year? need more info!!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I think you should make your own decision. It already disgusts me that you live at home and drive an Evo at the age of 16 thanks to daddy (I know you work at Circuit City, but that's not enough to own an Evo). I prefer that you get winter tires and keep driving it, because I absolutely fear what will happen if you get 5k and spend it on mods.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

i thought it was taken away becuase you were caught talking with a girl or something along those lines. Play with it in the winter but don't wreck it. It is fast enough for a driver still learning the road.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I had a beat up GMC s-15 when I was 16....and now im out of college and a construction project manager and it was still tight getting my used 04 evo a month ago! let alone given the choice to park my car and get 5g's over the winter....You poor guy with such hard decisions!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Another classic Warrtalon quote. U are so cool man!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

I would stomp around and say... "***K you dad! I'm driving it!!!"
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

It must be hard getting everything you want. I sure would like $5000 dollars. tell your dad I park my car for the winter. What a question
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by dustin03
It must be hard getting everything you want. I sure would like $5000 dollars. tell your dad I park my car for the winter. What a question
I don't see why you guys are hating on this kid. If any of you guys were him, u would do the same damn thing. Shoot, if my parents bought me an EVO i would not turn it down and NEITHER WOULD YOU.

Just because most of us drove crap-box's when we were 16 doesn't mean anything.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

I guess the way I was raised was you work for what you want the hole silver spoon thing. if you buy it yourself you will respect it more
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cali2MDevo8
I don't see why you guys are hating on this kid. If any of you guys were him, u would do the same damn thing. Shoot, if my parents bought me an EVO i would not turn it down and NEITHER WOULD YOU.

Just because most of us drove crap-box's when we were 16 doesn't mean anything.
He has a very good point.

As for the original question, I think that you should try putting it in the garage for a while and if you see that you can't live without it, then start driving it again. Also, you have to weigh some other factors in. What would you be driving if you won't be driving your evo? Also, what kind of weather do you have during the winter? If you have harsh winters, I would garage it for sure. If we are only talking rain, then that's a different story.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

It is nice his dad trusts him with the car and was generous enough to buy it. I think it is the fact that he came on the forum and asked whether to park it for the winter or take 5grand. It makes him seem spoiled and possibly as though he is showcasing his wealth. Muslim EvoFreak needs to make these decisions by himself and should not broadcast that he is getting 5grand to let his car sit in the garage.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by keevo54
It is nice his dad trusts him with the car and was generous enough to buy it. I think it is the fact that he came on the forum and asked whether to park it for the winter or take 5grand. It makes him seem spoiled and possibly as though he is showcasing his wealth. Muslim EvoFreak needs to make these decisions by himself and should not broadcast that he is getting 5grand to let his car sit in the garage.

Bump on that one

Quick Reply: Keep evo for winter or wait until spring