Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

stock 05' dyno'd 271whp.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warrtalon has spoken.

post the graph!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:49 PM

Yeah, the numbers dont make sense to me either. I kept arguing with the guy at the dyno that it can't be right (they said I am the only person who has ever complained about making too much power). they insisted that it was reading correctly. It was dyno'd this morning at 80'f. it was a cool breezy day with 91oct, the drag run was in the heat, back in August, it was probally between 95'f-100'f that day and I was running 95oct. I don't have a clue why the dyno numbers were so high.

I will take the car back to the drags as soon as I get the windshield fixed, its got a small crack that the nhra folks will notice.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EVO
Yeah, the numbers dont make sense to me either. I kept arguing with the guy at the dyno that it can't be right (they said I am the only person who has ever complained about making too much power). they insisted that it was reading correctly. It was dyno'd this morning at 80'f. it was a cool breezy day with 91oct, the drag run was in the heat, back in August, it was probally between 95'f-100'f that day and I was running 95oct. I don't have a clue why the dyno numbers were so high.

I will take the car back to the drags as soon as I get the windshield fixed, its got a small crack that the nhra folks will notice.
Probably because they have it set to STD with a correction factor of 1.06. That would be my guess. Fwiw, my '05 dyno'd 282whp in 80-degree weather with 93oct and most of the regular bolt-ons (cat-back/mbc@21psi/mr dv/safc/K&N). This would mean that in the same weather conditions (temp at least), you dyno'd only 10less while on crappy 91oct (vs 93) and at higher elevation (I'm near sea level). It would be incredible if you did that in those bad conditions with a stock 05, but if you can match my success at the track, then you know it's legit. On that setup with 282whp, I ran 12.64 (best ET) and 107.5 (best mph). With the same setup and a mix of 93/104 octane along with some raised boost and self-tuning on the SAFC, I ran 12.22, so there ya go...
Old Nov 19, 2005, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

that sounds right... there is no way a stock 05 puts down that much. Thats the problem with dyno numbers.. they dont mean anything as all dynos are so drastically different. plus with all teh correction factors and adjustments possible, the numbers are almost useless, unless comparing 2 cars on teh same dyno on teh same day.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vishnu_Evo8
that sounds right... there is no way a stock 05 puts down that much. Thats the problem with dyno numbers.. they dont mean anything as all dynos are so drastically different. plus with all teh correction factors and adjustments possible, the numbers are almost useless, unless comparing 2 cars on teh same dyno on teh same day.
+1
Old Nov 20, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea sorry to tell you but you really arent making those numbers especially with the 101 trap.

go back to the track and see if you trap higher to support your numbers like Warrtalon said