Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX vs. Turbonetics 350Z...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2005, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was taken for a ride in a turbo 350z tuned with a hks-vpro and it was d@mn impressive! it was making about 425hp with a stock idle and great response. however, the evo can do the same thing and then some. it comes down to what you want more. i think that the 350 looks great and 425hp is nothing to laugh at but i love my evo. so like i said whatever you like better.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

If you trade your IX, you are possibly trading the Best EVO ever. Don't get me wrong, the Z with the turbo kit is nice, but at the rate the IX seems to be making power, you will be pretty close to his output with bolt-ons. It's up to you, other factors such as styling and etc. may come into play for you, I don't know. But on a pure performance standpoint, your going to take a hit.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wacboyjulian
even as i still am trying to fully comprehend this, i personally feel that this is the funniest sentence i have ever read

it just sounds hilarious as you read outloud
lmao +1
Old Nov 21, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wacboyjulian
even as i still am trying to fully comprehend this, i personally feel that this is the funniest sentence i have ever read

it just sounds hilarious as you read outloud
that's what i was goin' for :]

Originally Posted by ballistic speed
Most retarded thing i've head thus far, no AEM for the IX yet, no 280 cams for the evo yet, bov is useless in the evo, and fmic can't get any more efficent for the stock turbo
i don't understand what your beef is, but i'll clear this up for everyone else.

thus far is IS an aem for the evo9 it's the same one that you use for the evo 8, you just need a new harness and a new chip to plug in, in fact i'm sure if you wanted to REAL bad you could hack the thing to make it work but since you're in such a damn hurry you can just shut up.

there are no 280 cams but do you know what the implication of that are? ONE cam in this case IS AS GOOD AS TWO. when you can modify the duration timing... then you can go as much or as little overlap as you want... what you get with the one cam is the base duration and the base lift, and that will happen also, but since yer in such a damn hurry, shut up.

bov in the 9 is the jdm valve which is just fine.

the fmic can't get any more efficient huh? well... what do you mean by efficiency sir? do you mean air can't be cooled any better by another core? cuz that's wrong. do you mean that you can't get more flow out of the stock turbo by changing the core? that's wrong too. and since you're in such a damn hurry, you prolly won't do a decent search to find out why you're wrong... so you get to guess what? shut up.

Last edited by trinydex; Nov 21, 2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

if you want a drag car you are looking in the wrong place...

you should check out the GTO and the RMR turbo kit, that seems to be more your liking. To be honest i can't even take a stock GTO with the few mods i have now on my evo so you can imagine what a boosted GTO would be like.
Old Nov 21, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

350z's are garbage, i drove one 3 or 4 times and hated every minute of it.....the power delivery sux, the handling sux, the brakes feel like my old s10, and they look like crap. as for the upgrades...i've heard they still only pull a 12.6 with the twin turbo kit....which in my opinion.....sux. too much money for what you get, you would have to be an idiot to sell your evo for that