Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my personal experience with RnR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2005, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my personal experience with RnR

ill try to make this as short as possible but its going to be tough...

so about two months ago or so i decided to shop for turbokits. i ended up purchasing a 50 trim turbo kit from RnR with the equal length manifold because they were having insane deals on it. i purchased the kit and the injectors from them. because of alot of custom fabrication work the kit was taking longer than they expected it to and i needed it for a show/race day at the local dragstrip. they were not able to make the deadline unfortunatly but it was because the turbo had still not been sent to them from precision. (not their fault) so when the turbo got there they fabbed up the o2 housing, overnighted the entire turbo kit all the way across the country, and credited my bank account $200 for the holdup. very impressive that they would do all of that for me.

so the turbo got installed kit looked great and everything went on almost flawlessly. i brought the car to be tuned by my local tuner did some pulls and started seeing tons of white smoke out of the exhaust. i pulled the intake and there was massive amounts of shaft play. i called RnR even though they were closed and left them a message, i was pretty upset at the time and shouldnt have called because i placed a ton of blame on them. however, they called me back first thing the next morning and were able to talk me through what to do to get the turbo back to them so they could get it back to precision. they were extremely helpful througout this process and completely understood why i was upset and did everything they could to help me out.

the turbo got to RnR, then went to precision, then came back to me. once again the turbo was installed. right away when the car was started the turbo was making unusal noise and when i pulled the intake i noticed that there was markings on the turbo housing from the wheel. once again very upset i called RnR. i talked to ryan about what was happening and he was 100% with me. he called precision himself and told them how much of a pain in the *** this is and how many problems they are causing me because this is my daily driver. he then called me back and filled me in on everything. once again completely helpfull throughout the process.

i sent the turbo direct to precision this time and RnR helped me out with getting them to get the turbo built right so this wouldnt happen again. something that they didnt really have to do because i was in direct contact with precision now, but they did it anyways. once again completely helpful beyond anything.

as of right now the turbo is still in the mail so ill let you know how it all turns out, but i just found out some more information today. the first time that i sent the turbo out it was not covered under warrenty. it wasnt because there was a problem with the oil line. RnR picked up the bill of $500 from what i was told from precision for me. i just found this out today and i really didnt know what to say. so instead i made this post just to show how much they did for me as a customer. they were completly cooperative and helpfull throughout the entire process and backed up their product, this is something that every consumer/vendor could learn from. i know that RnR has been bashed in the past about their service but i can honestly say that i would do buisiness with them again and again.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to hear the good news...hopefully everything works out well when the turbo shows back up.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

That's what I like to hear. When things go bad that's when you really gain a Lifetime client, based on the way the situation is Handled. Good Work RNR.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

good info to post. now let's see how it turns out.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Im impressed.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to hear the positive customer service rnr provides
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting useful information for the rest of us!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

So why wasnt a brand new turbo under warrenty.RNR buys tons of turbos from precision
Maybe its because you installed it yourself.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

nope, the oil feed line was the wrong setup, for a non ball bearing turbo that isnt water cooled you need to feed it from a different location than stock because there is not enough oil pressure. and rnr is looking for new turbo companies now they have had a ton of problems with them. and if you are doubting my mechanical skills maybe you should look more into what i have done for intstall work, tuning work, for myself and many other members.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

great post. I have heard the good and the bad about RNR and never knew what to think. I guess this solves it.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

I held my breath before clicking this thread thinking it will be another one of those flame wars. But, everything seems like it went well, congrats!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo VIII
I held my breath before clicking this thread thinking it will be another one of those flame wars. But, everything seems like it went well, congrats!
i thought the same thing good to see rnr is going beyond what is needed to make the customer happy...
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

I am happy to see this post. We have worked so hard to please our customers and give them best possible service. In the past we did get some bad press. We have worked our asses off to change that perception and it's nice to read this post.

I am working with Precision to get this rectified asap. Thanks Ryan
Old Nov 22, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

We have also been using that same oil line set up for the last 2-3 years and this has been the first incident. Lets just say we quickly changed it after the $600 rebuild/overnight shipping, etc.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

thanks again ryan, ill give you a call when i get the turbo back and ill fill you in on what size that fitting is

Quick Reply: my personal experience with RnR