Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

does anyone take theyre evo through carwashes in winter?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I go to Autobell in the winter. They accept damage to any OEM part as their responsibilty and the one down the street from me does a pretty good job. I'm ridiculously **** about my car and it's black so it shows everything. Usually by the end of winter it's got some swirls but, they come right out with a little bit of swirl remover and some TLC.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem with the drive through touchless wash is that during the soap and wax cycles a crap ton of goo goes down your hood vent and onto your heat shield. It totally sucks. If you can hose it off fairly quickly afterwards, maybe you can avoid the spots and stains the goo will leave in your engine bay.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it would be pretty hard to get that car wash to own up to it and pay for a new wheel. I think most of the car washes that I've seen claim absolutely no responsibilty for any type of damage.
This is why I only take my car to true hand wash locations that I pull into a space and they wash and I drive out, they never get into my car and I never have to mess around with the "rails". Seriously, if you are in the chicago area there are around 6 fullers locations they aren't that expensive just very long lines
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
I can see PETA loving this, tons of car wash company execs running around shaving warthogs for their hair to be used on automatic car washes, thats awesome.
You don't have to shave it. Just soap it up real good, grab it by it's hind legs and horns and go to work.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

We got Delta sonic too but Brighton in Naperville is where I go. They hook me up pretty good.
Originally Posted by ddubb
it would be pretty hard to get that car wash to own up to it and pay for a new wheel. I think most of the car washes that I've seen claim absolutely no responsibilty for any type of damage.
This is why I only take my car to true hand wash locations that I pull into a space and they wash and I drive out, they never get into my car and I never have to mess around with the "rails". Seriously, if you are in the chicago area there are around 6 fullers locations they aren't that expensive just very long lines
Old Nov 22, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
how much does it usually cost for those touchless carwash in chicago?
Old Nov 22, 2005, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will use a touchless if I HAVE
Old Nov 22, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
/\ damn sorry guys.....as I was saying, I will use a touchless if I have to but 99% of the time its all done by hand..
Old Nov 22, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dridge11
You don't have to shave it. Just soap it up real good, grab it by it's hind legs and horns and go to work.
that's hog-larious!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
that's hog-larious!
GONG!
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by evodan2004
not me i wash it close to the last nice day befor winter and in the garage she will go till spring. comes out like new again. lol i love heated gerages.

I will have to second that she stays nice and warm and cozy ALL winter. now that they are using those chemicals on the road that are known to eat up the underneath of cars!!!!! forget that
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

I use any old car-wash (never bothered with brush-less), car is white and it still looks fine. Not like it had a great paint job from the factory
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

No.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Professionaly detailed once a week through the winter; starting with next week. I even work it into my "winter" finances.

i won't let anyone/anything except me touch my paint unless it is a professional detail shop. you know, their job is to get cars clean, and that's it. Also the one i go to does the whole exceed your expectations thing, so it comes out fast, and cleaner then i could get it spending a whole day on it myself.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

I usually go to one of those spray-n-washes. You know, the ones where you pull up, park and just spray the crap off. I only go when its above freezing, for obvious reasons.

It doesnt ever look perfect, but it gets the salt and snow off and shines it up for about 5 minutes until the salty roads have their way with my car again.

even a regular wash wouldnt be terrible. I would rather have a couple scratches on the outside of my rim than a rusted out body.

Quick Reply: does anyone take theyre evo through carwashes in winter?