Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

does anyone take theyre evo through carwashes in winter?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does anyone take theyre evo through carwashes in winter?

touch free obviously but i was just wondering cause i dont want to be out there scrubbing her clean in the snow and slush and whatnot but i also dont want the salt to eat my paint up.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

I take mine through the brush wash about once a week. I have silver so swirls don't show up. Plus I go to Brighton Car Wash, it was once known as the nations best car wash. They use pig hair brushes, I think. Fresh water constantly. good stuff. I am stock suspension so I fit no problem.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do all mine by hand, but a heated garage, excellent lighting, and a bottle of Quick Detailer make it pretty easy. That, and my car doesn't get all that dirty anyway in Texas.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
not me i wash it close to the last nice day befor winter and in the garage she will go till spring. comes out like new again. lol i love heated gerages.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

I only go to the amaco touchless washes if I really need a quick rinse other wise for all you chicago people I go to Fuller car washes b/c they are a true hand wash, no brushes or rails to drive onto. Straight up hand wash. If I'm not lazy I wash in my garage with the heater on but that is rare.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

God no.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

I dont care if its pig hair or Mink hair, no way I would take my ride through one of those. Biggest concern if your car wash has them is the rails that move the car along, these are known to eat up aluminum wheels in a hurry.

What kind of pigs do they use for the hair? Seriously. Maybe I need another trip to the farm but I cant recall seeing pigs with long hair.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Just went through the touchless today and my front left rim got scratched up somehow. Does anyone know if there is any liability on the part of the car wash owner where I can get compensation? It's a stock Enkei that got marked fairly badly.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

here you go:

my car's too low anyway...
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

at least once a week
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
here you go:

my car's too low anyway...
I can see PETA loving this, tons of car wash company execs running around shaving warthogs for their hair to be used on automatic car washes, thats awesome.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

If any damage happened to the wheels they would buy new wheels, it really is a good wash. I am very **** about my vehicles. I own 3 harleys all covered in chrome so I know what detailing is. I used to detail at Turtle Wax moons ago. I know what detailing is. Pigs hair is rare but very soft.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ksattic
Just went through the touchless today and my front left rim got scratched up somehow. Does anyone know if there is any liability on the part of the car wash owner where I can get compensation? It's a stock Enkei that got marked fairly badly.
Turn over your receipt, pretty sure you signed your rim away when you bought a wash. An auto wash in Redondo ate up a roof rack panel (factory) on my Lexus. My bad, wont go back.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

I get mine washed once a week at the car wash. But it is a hand wash, the car goes on the track like a reg car wash but instead of the brushes there is 4 guys in there washing the car. It's funny as hell and they do a good job.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ksattic
They would be liable if you told them while you were there. But if you left and came back you won't be able to prove it.

Quick Reply: does anyone take theyre evo through carwashes in winter?