Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

question about the APR Splitter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:43 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about the APR Splitter

my question is that, everything time u need to change the oil, do i need to remove the splitter from the bumper to change the oil? and also, is the splitter attach to the bumper in a way that u have to remove the front bumper to get the splitter off? let me know, thanx
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
no you can change your oil without removing the splitter and no you dont have to remove the bumper to remove the splitter.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:51 PM
Account Disabled

really, couse i was told that the splitter actually blocked the oil drain plug that i have to remove it to drain the oil. or is it the oil filter, i m not sure
Old Nov 22, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol bro I do my oil change all the time. The splitter never gets on my way, it does not stick that far. Both drain and the filter have enough clearance.
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled

ok, thanx for the help bro, that's all i need to know =)
Old Nov 22, 2005, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like that splitter. That will be a post Christmas purchase.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:10 AM

APR Splitter

Where can I get this the cheapest...
I want to make sure it's made by APR though....
meaning I don't want the knock-off version.
305 @ www.aprpreformance.com
and I know there must be dealer that can sell this for cheaper!!!!
anyone have an idea's?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Dan @ MachV sells it for $249, which is the cheapest new I've seen ( http://machevo.com/cafifrsp.html ) Here are 2 pics of my car to show where the splitter ends. You can see clearly where the Oil filter is. It's no problem at all:
Attached Thumbnails question about the APR Splitter-splitter-ends.jpg   question about the APR Splitter-splitter-ends2.jpg  
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

oh that's great to know. i was wondering that too, actually. any problems with rock chips or anything?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mooshu1221
...and also, is the splitter attach to the bumper in a way that u have to remove the front bumper to get the splitter off? let me know, thanx
Yeah, you kind of do have to take the bumper off. The thing is the bolt are around the front of the bumper/splitter (see pic above) so with the bumper on, you can't reach them. Also, the splitter bolts to the car with the 2 bolts in the back of the splitter, which you can see in the pic. The good news is the bumper isn't that hard to take off... You do need a jack or lift though to get to the back bolts, especially if your car is lowered.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:32 AM

I've had mine on and off 5 or 6 times and I've never taken the bumper off my car yet. I reach all of the bolts easily and it goes on and comes off easily. I do NOT use the rods so I don't know if they requir ethe bumper to be pulled.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

was it pretty easy to install? i am looking at getting on, and hate paying people to do my stuff for me, when its easy enough to do yourself with a little patience.

Also do you think that Buschur's lower/upper I/C piping and intercooler would affect it at all, make it not fit?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Use the support rods the splitter comes with or it will get torn off. The splitter attaches to the lower lip of the stock bumper which uses plastic cips. After hurricane i think Katrina areas around my house was flooded. I went thru about a foot of water faily slowly and came out with no splitter BTW I have a extra set of rods of anyone is interested.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTSMWET
was it pretty easy to install? i am looking at getting on, and hate paying people to do my stuff for me, when its easy enough to do yourself with a little patience.

Also do you think that Buschur's lower/upper I/C piping and intercooler would affect it at all, make it not fit?

yes, if you can take your bumper off and tighten bolts, you can install it. Like joeymia says you def. gotta use the rods. I don't know about Buschur's IC piping fitting, but I assume it will, since I have aftermarket U/L piping (RMR) and it's not even close to not fitting...
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
yes, if you can take your bumper off and tighten bolts, you can install it. Like joeymia says you def. gotta use the rods. I don't know about Buschur's IC piping fitting, but I assume it will, since I have aftermarket U/L piping (RMR) and it's not even close to not fitting...
thats good to know it not even close, i would have been pissed if i would have gotten it, and there was interferance soem how, it just would have been my luck it was probably a dumb question