Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

insurance claim heading towards a no christmas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they might cover it if u had ...UNINSURED MOTORIST COVERGAGE on the policy.

this coverage will only cover you if you are not excluded driver on your dad's policy. If you are shown as excluded driver than you are not covered.

check this for more info

Last edited by 04lancerEsGuy; Nov 24, 2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
Sorry for being so rude on turkey day, all I was trying to say was that is was a stupid choice on your part. It's just that we all pay for mistakes like this since we all drive evos.

I was paying a decent price for insurance on my 03, but now it's high again since I have an 06.

I hate insurance sooooooooo much. Good luck with your claim. Keep us updated.
No problem... just a misunderstanding, I'll let you know thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
did I miss something??? i don't get why you didn't have insurance if your record was clean? you and your father could have been on the policy together.
3 years ago (when I was 18) I had 8-10 speeding tickets in a year. yes my license got suspended twice, I'm a little humiliated about this since now I'm a mature person and now have plenty of road respect.. honestly a couple of those tickets were not even my fault, I was just given a ticket for driving a red car and being young.

But most of those yes.. I was speeding..

Unfortunelty we do pay for our mistakes.. but I was paying too much to afford, I used to drive a 99 Maxima and insurance on that was 6,000 a year which is more than the car is worth.. why I have a grudge against insurance companies.. what does speeding tickets really cost them any money?

Anyways.. Then I went on through school, matured, got a decent job and now I'm living my life as a reputable citizen.. So now I get my dream car.. an Evolution. I don't even drive it that much.. put down 17k in 1 1/2 years and my dad does drive the car too. I usually take the subs to work to avoid this kind of issue until my insurance would drop a little more affordable.

My dad and I bought this car as a celebration to my new career.

That's exactly why I haven't gotten a ticket/accident in 2 years.. but it seems this is now turning into my life story... but we all know insurance companies could really care less about anything.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ev08buoy

Now I think I may be running into a bigger issue... my claims.. I put in for a claims and the adjuster finally contacted me, she asked me why I was driving the veichle when its my fathers policy and I'm not on it. Back before buying the Evo, I didn't have enough credit to purchase one so ofcourse my loving father put it under his name and his insurance policy.

Now I drive it sometimes but don't have a car listed under my own name which means I don't have insurance.
Originally Posted by cotmfk
I know plenty of people that have their insurance with their parents to save on premiums. But they are actually on their parents policy and are insured. From what I am reading... you are not insured on ANY policy. If your dad has full coverage, the insurance will pay it no matter what, but this sounds a bit too close to insurance fraud to me.
Exactly, sounds like he's trying to fraud his ins. by giving an excuse that he's not covered, and it's the blame of the tires. Dude, im sorry... I can't give anything positive or helpfull in this sutition. Don't fraud your insurance... you should have not been driving that car when your not insured, period.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Exactly, sounds like he's trying to fraud his ins. by giving an excuse that he's not covered, and it's the blame of the tires. Dude, im sorry... I can't give anything positive or helpfull in this sutition. Don't fraud your insurance... you should have not been driving that car when your not insured, period.
Understood, I understand what your saying, I was in no intent to fraud an insurance company, Should I pay 5k + a year for insurance because I like to borrow the car here and then from dad.

Also I live in a different city, the car stays under his garage not mine... what does it really mean to fraud an insurance company or is the insurance company trying to fraud people because they judge people on age and over price them on premiums. Ok.. so I speeded when I was young but its been 2 years since I've gotten one and thats not long enough for an insurance company to give you a discount... Maybe it was my mistake...

I should've not bought an Evo then.. because clearly I couldn't of afforded a car with such standards.. sometimes things don't go the way you want it to...

Maybe if I was a rapper I could do whatever I want as many times as I want and still get off easy... welcome to life... living by each pay check you recieve.

Too bad Geico doesn't offer insurance in MA.

Thanks for an honest comment anyhow, thats the side I been looking at the whole time thus posting this thread to hear other thoughts.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

After reading this I guess your only mistake was not adding the coverage after your record cleaned up a little. My driving record is not good either, it's much worse than yours so I understand. Good luck

Originally Posted by ev08buoy
3 years ago (when I was 18) I had 8-10 speeding tickets in a year. yes my license got suspended twice, I'm a little humiliated about this since now I'm a mature person and now have plenty of road respect.. honestly a couple of those tickets were not even my fault, I was just given a ticket for driving a red car and being young.

But most of those yes.. I was speeding..

Unfortunelty we do pay for our mistakes.. but I was paying too much to afford, I used to drive a 99 Maxima and insurance on that was 6,000 a year which is more than the car is worth.. why I have a grudge against insurance companies.. what does speeding tickets really cost them any money?

Anyways.. Then I went on through school, matured, got a decent job and now I'm living my life as a reputable citizen.. So now I get my dream car.. an Evolution. I don't even drive it that much.. put down 17k in 1 1/2 years and my dad does drive the car too. I usually take the subs to work to avoid this kind of issue until my insurance would drop a little more affordable.

My dad and I bought this car as a celebration to my new career.

That's exactly why I haven't gotten a ticket/accident in 2 years.. but it seems this is now turning into my life story... but we all know insurance companies could really care less about anything.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
Agreed!

Thanks for raising the insurance rates of honest people that have and pay for insurance.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

That sux man im sure it will all work out.....WISH YOU THE BEST.

PJ
Old Nov 27, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

uninsured motorist coverage covers another driver that crashes into you, that is uninsured, NOT a driver using your car that is uninsured....

Originally Posted by 04lancerEsGuy
they might cover it if u had ...UNINSURED MOTORIST COVERGAGE on the policy.

this coverage will only cover you if you are not excluded driver on your dad's policy. If you are shown as excluded driver than you are not covered.

check this for more info