Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

AMS getting some respect on the SVT Cobra Boards....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS getting some respect on the SVT Cobra Boards....

Click to Hyperlink to SVTPerformance.

Lots of good comments......
Old Nov 25, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
as expected, but watch out for this
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=135463
Old Nov 25, 2005, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty much what you expect from any mature board.

The cobra owners that are true car enthusiasts (which seems to be the majority of them) respect the evo for what it was designed for and what it can do. And the same goes for evo owners in regards to american muscle cars.

Of course there are exceptions (often times, many exceptions), but most unbiased enthusiasts who enjoy all forms of motorsport respect the evo. And the Cobra, and many other cars for that matter
Old Nov 25, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!! Any car forum that knows whats good for them will do the same, and not **** talk other cars.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that acceleration is incredible. I have never been a big domestic fan myself, but the Cobra and the new Vette are completely awesome. If I didn't have twins I would probably get a Cobra. I know the handling is also far superior on the Evo, but I don't autocross and I know from motorcycle experience the street is no where to push a vehicle.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

I'm really happy that some of those guys can give credit to this car.

But a few were quick to jump on the hater truck.
It's like dont you think its a little impressive that a 4 cylinder is pushing 200hp out of each cylinder.

Naturally Aspirated will always make me proud to be American.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

WHat a bunch of jealous tools!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Just like anywhere you go you will get those who appreciate the car for being fast and you will get those tools that hate even if it was a daily driven 2000 hp import just because its a import. I will give props to any respectable car even if its a turbo 3 cylinder metro.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

"Originally Posted by svtcobra2k1
It is fast but anyone with money can do that. There are are a few if not dozens of 03 cobras that are in the 9 sec range and well over 800 hp with probably less money put into them. They are also street legal just like the evo."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

-1 Cobra Owners

That's like....-5,000 or so I think now
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:17 AM
Evolving Member

Most of the SVT guys are pretty cool, but theres always a good amount of lame ones in any sort of car group. One being that "Machinator" guy that is posting in that thread. When the videos of Chris's car(black AMS EVO) first came out, he claimed he was driving down here in 2 months to run him and claimed that his Cobra was making over 800whp, yatta yatta. So I did a post search on him to see what was up with his car, and it turns out it was pretty much bone stock. And needless to say, he never came down here. So naturally, I called him out on it on his fake numbers...and he tried to come up with excuses at first..then finally admitted that he was full of crap. Well now he is CLAIMING he had a Kenne Bell, but doesn't have any dyno sheets to prove it since his "tuner went out of business" and now says once he gets his motor built he will destroy all, yatta yatta. So whatever that guy has to say, the complete opposite is probably the truth.

Last edited by KevPSR; Nov 26, 2005 at 02:34 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i dont know why everone is gettin bent out of shape about all this the cobra is gods gift to the automotive world. there hasnt been a better enginered or produced car ever. the evo pales when placed next to this monster. LOL! all the guys talking shyte on that are the same ones that tell me every day my 4 door ***** cant be faster then american muscle. whatever. if they dont wanna accept that there are evos 202 awhp per cyclinder and do 9 sec 1/4 miles with full weight. let em. i might get flamed for this but i think that imports are the new "hot rod" of this generation. NUFF said. keep up the good work AMS
Old Nov 26, 2005, 03:11 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe if the mustang didn't cost 13 grand used there wouldn't be so many idiots driving them, they'd have to step out of their fantasy world, get a job, and earn one. I've come across ONE smart guy that works on his cobra a lot, he was a cool guy, every other one i've come across (probably 40+, car shows, street, some boards but not much) always think their huge V8 that produces no power at all is the best thing ever. (Talking about 25 or under guys, most of the older people that have any car don't claim hard off of it)
Old Nov 26, 2005, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Most car enthusiasts that I know, all except 1 are domestic owners, respect or acknowledge the performance of the EVO, but they all say "Why?" and "It's so much cheaper with a Vette, Cobra, SS."

If I were to buy another car and still keep the EVO it would be another Cobra. The twin kits are getting cheaper $7.5K and various tuner's are really starting to figure out how to extract big power. Quite a few guys on modularfords.com are going for 1100rwhp+ on high boost....which to them is 28-30psi. Some of the cars are putting down 650rwhp@11psi and 900rwhp 22psi on a smaller kit. Terry, who ran a 10.41@141mph on 18'' street tires, is going with a twin T3 footprint 67trim compressor, and going for 1300rwhp!! Should be up before the end of the January 06'.

Alot more fun when the domestics didn't use turbos IMO.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
If I were to buy another car and still keep the EVO it would be another Cobra.
Same here. Just after I sold mine, the turbo kits are coming out in full force. I don't regret selling it at all. It was a beast. But the Evo is more fun. If I can find a used 03 or 04 with a solid rear and a built 4R70W next year, i'll grab it and turbo that sucker real quick.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

WHat a bunch of jealous tools!
Sigh....they're not a bunch of jealous tools, they have their own opinions. They're obviously going to be biased towards mustangs, just as you would be biased towards the Evolution.

I post on there quite frequently, and I actually like the place. Plus, the allow you to post street racing stories.

Edit: I also raced against a guy from that forum, I lost, he ran a 12.2 to my 13.0.