Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

610 whp 560ft/lbs tq

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2005 | 07:53 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Just FYI, it's a Mustang Dyno that is set to read like a Dynojet, so keep that in mind. Regardless, it's AWESOME power, but I didn't want anyone to add even more numbers to this when "converting" to Dynojet, since it's already giving Dynojet-equivalent numbers.
Correct - we've seen a couple of guys with 2WD cars (one in the mid 300s and one well over that) put down numbers on Titan's 2WD Dynojet that were within 1-2% of the numbers the same cars put down on CFT's Mustang.
Old Nov 25, 2005 | 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

CFT did the tuning or Jestr? Nice numbers!
Old Nov 26, 2005 | 01:53 AM
Evolved Member

Question

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
certainly you can max out the limitations of the stock turbo

On a larger turbo you must find out the knock threshold on a case by case basis

93 octane and alcohol is near to the power potential of c-16

Of course I use the c-16 and the alcohol together
What about Stroker 2.3 +GT35 and 34-35psi?
Old Nov 26, 2005 | 01:55 AM
Evolving Member

Should have someone check your tuning maps, i've heard of some motors blowing because of horrid tuning from CFT........ my .02
Old Nov 26, 2005 | 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2003evo8
yea i got pictures but i'm not very computer friendly. so if you tell me how to post them I will
PM me your ph *I will help you load up your pictures!!!

Originally Posted by kf6ytc
Should have someone check your tuning maps, i've heard of some motors blowing because of horrid tuning from CFT........ my .02
CFT is the local shop I use for tune and built my evo; my car is tune by Rolo at CFT and they have developed a GT35R on my car with 717.+hp a true street driven !!!!

My experience at CFT, they are very professional and they will do what it takes to get the job done!!!!!

Here is a few Dyno sheet's of CFT with my car;

Props to "Rolo" for tuning my evo to 717.hp/610tq at CFT on a GT35R @35psi w/60shot nitros
Click here/videohttp://www.centralfloridaturbo.com/videos/proccoevo.wmv

at CFT in 3rd Gear with some boost leak problems at the clams 38@PSI 2.0tlr Gt35R !!!

W/ no nitros ? boosT leak on a clam!!

We dyno at CFT in 3rd Gear with some boost control problems at 32 @PSI 2.0tlr Gt35R back in july then !!!

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Nov 26, 2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2005 | 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

and those numbers you add 18% to. Nice yea Rolo was bragging about your car and the power that came from it. Were you spinning tires on the dyno
Old Nov 26, 2005 | 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

The AMS 2.3 and their 35R is the ultimate street setup. Spool is better than a 2.0 with a 30R and it makes massive torque and huge hp.

On another note, it is pretty obvious that your tuner has manipulated his Mustang dyno to read like a Dynojet. Your numbers are still very impressive though.
Old Nov 26, 2005 | 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Nice numbers.
Old Nov 26, 2005 | 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

and those numbers you add 18% to. Nice yea Rolo was bragging about your car and the power that came from it. Were you spinning tires on the dyno
Congrats Nice numbers. Its a mustang dyno but its set up to read as a dyno jet

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Just FYI, it's a Mustang Dyno that is set to read like a Dynojet, so keep that in mind. Regardless, it's AWESOME power, but I didn't want anyone to add even more numbers to this when "converting" to Dynojet, since it's already giving Dynojet-equivalent numbers.
Originally Posted by Jack @ EvoStore
Correct - we've seen a couple of guys with 2WD cars (one in the mid 300s and one well over that) put down numbers on Titan's 2WD Dynojet that were within 1-2% of the numbers the same cars put down on CFT's Mustang.
Old Nov 27, 2005 | 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

The only problem I have with all of this is that who is to say that this dyno doesn't read higher than a dynojet with it being manipulated about? Maybe it reads exactly like a Dynojet at 300whp but gets skewed at 600. So, it is all too manipulated to get really accurate numbers. I really wish folks would leave their dynos at factory specs.

However, I easily believe that this car makes close to these numbers on a dynojet but probably just a bit lower. Or, maybe he is running a bit more than 30psi...
Old Nov 27, 2005 | 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Old Nov 27, 2005 | 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Smogrunner
The only problem I have with all of this is that who is to say that this dyno doesn't read higher than a dynojet with it being manipulated about? Maybe it reads exactly like a Dynojet at 300whp but gets skewed at 600. So, it is all too manipulated to get really accurate numbers. I really wish folks would leave their dynos at factory specs.

However, I easily believe that this car makes close to these numbers on a dynojet but probably just a bit lower. Or, maybe he is running a bit more than 30psi...
To clear things out the setting on the CFT dyno still the same as when dyno mustang tech install it and calibrated the unit!!!! that’s the way Rolo like's it with the most load so it could simulated the most actual street load ;is not about reading higher in numbers in CFT dyno; is about to accomplish the best tuning at the most accurate dyno load so the car can produce the most power in the street or the track , let me tell you who Rolo is? 1st of all he has been around for 20+ years tunning any engine management hardware such as AEM,Motec, Microtec,Hardtec ,ect in cars such as the Champ of all motor every year kilo Racing http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/apcm/templates/news_template.asp?articleid=9361&zoneid=11 , and lots well known race team in the NHRA and nopi events that call him and send for him to tune they're race cars throughout the USA ,south America and UK ;he even did titan motorsports some years ago!!! so next time some shoe-maker make's thier opinions or guess's about how CFT dyno is set up please don't believe it, every fairy tale you hear on the net they all arent true!!! CFT and the people behind it ,are very serious and reputable business people in the turbo racing industry!!

As Far as your comment about more than 30 psi, just look at the other giant's on the turbo tuning industry like dynoflash, pruven, ams and buschur ;what ?they are also lying about thier boost numbers!!!! just don't envy and get your $ together and call your favorite turbo shop so you can also be running these #'s up here with the rest of us lol!!!!

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Nov 28, 2005 at 04:38 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2005 | 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Just got back from my tunning day at Central Florida Turbo and Rolo is the best tunner i have ever seen! I hit 610whp-and 560 ft/lbs spinning tires on the dyno and blowing off two inner cooler claps. I have a 2.3 stroker kit and GT35R AMS turbo kit and the rest of bolt on,but stock intake mainfold and stock head i'm very impressed with CFT awsome !!!!!!!!! NO NITROUS HAAAAA

nice numbers! have you ran it Orlando SpeedWorld?
Old Nov 28, 2005 | 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Procco, I have no doubt that Rolo is a great guy and knows what he is doing. The only problem is that if the dyno has not been changed since the day it was installed, then it would read much, MUCH lower than it is...just like Buschur's Mustang Dyno. Instead, it's reading like a Dynojet, which means it was recalibrated by CFT or delivered to CFT already calibrated to read like a Dynojet (unlikely). This doesn't negate any of the nice things you said, but it's already been proven by the other local Dynojet that the readings are basically the same on both...
Old Nov 28, 2005 | 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
To clear things out the setting on the CFT dyno still the same as when dyno mustang tech install it and calibrated the unit!!!! that’s the way Rolo like's it with the most load so it could simulated the most actual street load ;is not about reading higher in numbers in CFT dyno; is about to accomplish the best tuning at the most accurate dyno load so the car can produce the most power in the street or the track , let me tell you who Rolo is? 1st of all he has been around for 20+ years tunning any engine management hardware such as AEM,Motec, Microtec,Hardtec ,ect in cars such as the Champ of all motor every year kilo Racing http://www.nhrasportcompact.com/apcm/templates/news_template.asp?articleid=9361&zoneid=11 , and lots well known race team in the NHRA and nopi events that call him and send for him to tune they're race cars throughout the USA ,south America and UK ;he even did titan motorsports some years ago!!! so next time some shoe-maker make's thier opinions or guess's about how CFT dyno is set up please don't believe it, every fairy tale you hear on the net they all arent true!!! CFT and the people behind it ,are very serious and reputable business people in the turbo racing industry!!

As Far as your comment about more than 30 psi, just look at the other giant's on the turbo tuning industry like dynoflash, pruven, ams and buschur ;what ?they are also lying about thier boost numbers!!!! just don't envy and get your $ together and call your favorite turbo shop so you can also be running these #'s up here with the rest of us lol!!!!
I stand by my comments. Dynos are for two things: Measuring power, and tuning cars under scientific and repeatable conditions. This thread began life as a boast, which is perfectly fine. We all boast and brag when we do something good or achieve stuff.

This Mustang Dyno, however, has been obviously altered from standard MD original calibrations. That was all I was saying. People who understand how low Mustang Dynos and Dyno Dynamic Dynos read would draw the conclusion that 2003evo8's car would make upwards of 690whp/620wtq on a Dynojet. That just ain't the case and everyone with a brain on this forum knows it.

Finally, in case you haven't looked at my signature, even at a low 27psi, I have one of the most powerful non-sponsored, non-shop-owned Evo8s in the country.

Quick Reply: 610 whp 560ft/lbs tq