Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got Muellerized, and daaammm

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2005, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got Muellerized, and daaammm

Like the title says, I went there this week to get my buddy clubs put in. I opted to get the larger sway bars and get two of my bushings replaced in the back. John Mueller did his magic with my car and all I have to say is that he has done wonders. when my car hit a bump in the road with my stock suspension, my car wants to drive towards the bump a little uncontrollable and now when I drive it feels so neutral. it feels like a regular car but when on the throttle around a track all I have to say is o $hit. I couldn't believe how much control my car has now. Anybody wanting to get any suspension done anytime soon, I highly recommend getting it done by John Mueller. I just want to say he is not paying me to write this article, I am writing this article to tell you my experiance and I am more excited to drive my car even more.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

That is awesome! I'd love to get Muellerized, but I dont see it happening since I'm on the East Coast

~fred
Old Nov 26, 2005, 01:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by savageevo
Like the title says, I went there this week to get my buddy clubs put in. I opted to get the larger sway bars and get two of my bushings replaced in the back. John Mueller did his magic with my car and all I have to say is that he has done wonders. when my car hit a bump in the road with my stock suspension, my car wants to drive towards the bump a little uncontrollable and now when I drive it feels so neutral. it feels like a regular car but when on the throttle around a track all I have to say is o $hit. I couldn't believe how much control my car has now. Anybody wanting to get any suspension done anytime soon, I highly recommend getting it done by John Mueller. I just want to say he is not paying me to write this article, I am writing this article to tell you my experiance and I am more excited to drive my car even more.
Price paid? Please let me know!
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i think he paid about 2700 cuz he got the buddy clubs the rear tail arm bushings and the sway bar. everything put on and setup at mueller's is circa 2700 but if he ships it out to you you'll have to ask him.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 02:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
i think he paid about 2700 cuz he got the buddy clubs the rear tail arm bushings and the sway bar. everything put on and setup at mueller's is circa 2700 but if he ships it out to you you'll have to ask him.
One of the other post said he pay between 2200-2300 WITH rear sway+bushing+buddyclub...

just wanna know the on going rate of muellerized setup...
Old Nov 26, 2005, 03:51 AM
Evolved Member

well in any case just ask john... various setups are different, i asked bearing in mind that i had larger than stock wheels and tires.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

what size rear sway bars did u get? 23mm? 25mm?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
very nice. I cant wait to get my suspension...wont be muellerized though since I'm on the far east coast
Old Nov 26, 2005, 06:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by kmcconn9
very nice. I cant wait to get my suspension...wont be muellerized though since I'm on the far east coast
RRE ships out these parts too, right? Why would it matter where you live? Swapping on coilovers is very easy. No harder than most other bolt-on mods.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

I'm VERY happy with my Muellerized suspension. The car is very balanced and sticks like glue. You definately don't need to be on the west coast to take advantage of his stuff.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

how's the ride on the street? is it more harsh/jarring/etc. than stock?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

since he is on the west coast you could still take advantage of his setup. When I was at his shop he gave me a ride in his beater evo and he installed a customers setup in his evo to truely track test the shocks. after dial in he was going to remove them and ship them out to the customer. thats what I call true track tested. he doesnt F**k around when it comes to his reputation. as everyone know reputation could make you are break you.

When it comes to ride quality, it feels so much better than stock. My neck and kidneys are thanking me for what I have done.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR 600
what size rear sway bars did u get? 23mm? 25mm?
the choice would be 25mm 27mm and he prolly got the 25mm.

Originally Posted by kmcconn9
just give john a call he will let you know hwat your options are. getting the custom valving is priceless.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

before He installed my setup, he gave me a questionare and with the answers he gets he sets up accordingly. I was between 1-10 1 being daily driver and 10 being all out roadracer I opted for a five. I wanted something that I still have good tire ware and still be happy at the track.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

These are a good buy. I wish there were more shops offering setups out of the box, but Mueller is the only one, to date, who has offered a consistent setup. I think it is a limiation of most shops, who don't have some one of Mueller's talent setting up and test different setups. In time, there will be more I am sure, but John, has huge jump, making others play catch-up.

But, I understand the beneft of getting a car presorted, it took me over a year to just get the coil-overs dialed in the way I want, but most of that was me relearning how to move weight around, and fighting for access to scales. However, now, I adjust the weight distribution, camber, and wedge needed by track. I think Mueller gets the car to the 95%, but there will always be those of us, who are willing to corner-weight at the track, and adjust to conditions, either weather or track layout, to get the last 5% and the remaining few tenths out of the car.

That is why for Christmas, I am getting custom springs and I am drawing up some new suspension stuff to be built by AMS. Sometimes, the aftermarket isn't deep enough .

Last edited by Stop&TurnFreak; Nov 26, 2005 at 11:05 AM.