Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stay away from Speed-Source.net

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2005, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience with Speed-Source.net

I ordered a shift knob from this company. No response or confirmation of my order. No published phone number. They specialize in Toyota stuff (MR2's mostly) but sell Evo shifter bushings, intake, shift knobs. I now have a complaint filed against them with Paypal. Will see if I get my money back. I figured I would let my fellow Evo owners know of my experience.

Last edited by shadow1; Nov 28, 2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

those guys are just really slow, i went through something similar with them a while back. then a month later my stuff showed up
Old Nov 28, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Funny how after a couple of unanswered emails, Speed Source responds to my Paypal complaint. He's saying his email server has been down 10 days. Anyway. The owner gave me his phone number and I left a message to go ahead and ship the knob I ordered if it's in stock. I will see if they make good on their unsatisfactory customer service.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

They responded to all my emails sent. I ordered the shift bushings from them, they were kind of slow shipping, but I got them and they were good and worth the wait.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Carl Crawford the owner called me back. I had an excellent conversation with him. Their shop is out in the country and they are waiting for the phone company to provide them a hard line. I explained that their lack of a phone number makes customer service difficult. I also couldn't help but think that his website wasn't legit. He told that a lot of their products are sold through lancershop.com. He apologized and was a really great guy on the phone. I'm waiting for my shift knob (shipping today) but at this point I would recommend them as a great vendor.