Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Truth Squad: 2003 TSB and Recall list

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sleet
How can you tell if the seats are broken? I heard my seat crack very loud one time awhile back, thought I broke somthing but I could never find it. Anyone got a picture of one to explain?
You probably broke the side bolster on the right side(?) of driver's seat. Sit in the seat and see if the side bolster touches the center console's cover (it shouldn't), then take the side bolster and see if you can wiggle it back and forth and it may make clicking sounds. Same thing happened to me getting in the car one day, "snap". Dealer replaced the entire seat back under warranty. Best backed cars in the world! (hehehe)
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CGs
That's funny, my heater dial is kinda hard to turn - but I never thought to bring the car in on that one. That's good info, thanks Warrtalon.

Mine too. I need to get that heater dial fixed, but I'm just passed my warranty. I figure the guys at Murrieta Mitsubishi will take care of me, hopefully....
Old Nov 30, 2005, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

where's the recall for the fan temp controller module? i know for a fact there is a recall for that, because i got the recall paperwork in the mail and went and had it fixed.

also, when i first got the car, there was a recall for the grommet on the o2 sensor wire. it was found to be defective and would let water into the cabin and rust out your floor. received that paperwork in the mail, and went and got it fixed.

i have not received any of the others in the mail.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fa$[- a$ $hi[-
where's the recall for the fan temp controller module? i know for a fact there is a recall for that, because i got the recall paperwork in the mail and went and had it fixed.

also, when i first got the car, there was a recall for the grommet on the o2 sensor wire. it was found to be defective and would let water into the cabin and rust out your floor. received that paperwork in the mail, and went and got it fixed.

i have not received any of the others in the mail.
Not sure. I know there was a fan controller issue, and we all know there is a syncro TSB, but for some reason they aren't listed by NHTSA.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

i'm always paranoid i'm not getting my recall notices when i see info like this.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:04 PM

I see that there are 10 TSBs for the 2005 evo....... Is that right? It's on the nhtsa.dot.gov site so am I reading this right?
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stpracer
I see that there are 10 TSBs for the 2005 evo....... Is that right? It's on the nhtsa.dot.gov site so am I reading this right?
Yes, I listed all of them in another thread just like this. There is also one recall.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

well my 03 grinds in 5th, i just took it to mitsu and they said no problem test drove it... they are getting me a brand new tranny

im also noticing now i have a little misfire

but now that i see these TSBs im printing it out and taking it to them...

- Eddy
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Viciouslord
well my 03 grinds in 5th, i just took it to mitsu and they said no problem test drove it... they are getting me a brand new tranny

im also noticing now i have a little misfire

but now that i see these TSBs im printing it out and taking it to them...
Are you sure you're getting a brand new tranny? They normally just open it up and fix the affected synchro. I haven't heard of replacing the entire tranny for a 5th gear grind.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Make : MITSUBISHI
Model : LANCER EVOLUTION
Year : 2003
Manufacturer : MITSUBISHI MOTORS NORTH AMERICA, INC.
Service Bulletin Num : 116
Date of Bulletin: JUN 01, 2005
NHTSA Item Number: 10015626
Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Summary: ROUGH IDLE/MISFIRE. MITSUBISHI TECH TALK. *TT
I get a rough idle on mine when I stop on hills and sometimes it stalls out, the stalling is rare though. I just figured it was due to my mods. I'm kinda unsure about taking it in though due to my mods. I've had warranty issues taken care of but nothing to do with the engine before so the mods never really mattered.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J Dog
I get a rough idle on mine when I stop on hills and sometimes it stalls out, the stalling is rare though. I just figured it was due to my mods. I'm kinda unsure about taking it in though due to my mods. I've had warranty issues taken care of but nothing to do with the engine before so the mods never really mattered.
With your mods, it would be hard for them to diagnose your problem or attribute it to a stock ECU problem. It most likely IS related to your mods, but the only way to know is to go back to stock then see if it continues.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

well im the type of guy that likes to be in everything, mitsu techs. didnt mind me being there shadow... after the test drive, the tech told the service manager "this guy needs a new tranny", service manager tells me he has to get it approved from the district manager.....

later that day, the service manager calls me and tells me "it was approved, we have ordered the tranny, it should be in on thursday"... the car goes in on friday morning and i should have it back that afternoon...
the service manager also mentioned to me that this was a $4100 warrenty claim... crazy!!! (just for the tranny)

- Eddy

Are you sure you're getting a brand new tranny? They normally just open it up and fix the affected synchro. I haven't heard of replacing the entire tranny for a 5th gear grind.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

i have a qiestion is the wing under the recall list because the wing looks like its all fading and the brake shoes are peeling
Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

With your mods, it would be hard for them to diagnose your problem or attribute it to a stock ECU problem. It most likely IS related to your mods, but the only way to know is to go back to stock then see if it continues.
I figured it is due to my mods since I didn't have the problem. The rough idle only happens for a short while when stopping on a hill, it is weird though it only happens on a hill . It will drop as low as 400 rpms but then will go back up and idle anywhere from 790 rpms to 900 rpms. I'm way too lazy right now and it's too cold outside for me to convert it back to stock so I'll live with it. Thanks for the input.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvOJoHnY0312
i have a qiestion is the wing under the recall list because the wing looks like its all fading and the brake shoes are peeling
No, recalls are only for major safety concerns.

The wing and brakes are also not TSBs, but if you are still under warranty, your dealer may fix those for you. Some people have gone and had those things replaced with no questions asked while others have been told that those items are not warrantiable. Hopefully, your dealer is cool about it.

Quick Reply: Truth Squad: 2003 TSB and Recall list