Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do Not Buy From Evo8.com!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you got what you deserved for buying a body kit
Old Dec 1, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

That's not cool man. I'm pissed about this whole situation right now, and the reason behind the body kit is more involved than you know. The front end of my car needs to be replaced, and a good looking C-west type kit is much cheaper than the OEM stuff.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

I would NEVER order anything from extreme dimensions.

I know a couple people that have ordered their stuff and it never fits correctly.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Had a problem with a Pro-1 Exhaust from them that never fit . It was hitting the dif.and the brackets were welded on the wrong way so they hit the RS rear control arm.
He said there was nothing they could do. So I ordered a Turbo XS and it fit perfect.
Cut the old Pro-1 into small peices and sent it back to him. NEVER AGAIN.......
Old Dec 1, 2005, 04:30 PM
Account Disabled

sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by westchester evo
Thats awsome.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by westchester evo

Thats awsome cause I would do the exact same thing. I understand that companies can f--- up but they should make good for those f--- ups.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

I can't get a response from them either.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Heh...that'd be fun, eh? Flood their message machine with messages from tons of Evom members telling 'em to give me my money back....a bit dirty, but fun.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
time to get a lawyer
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zemo
I actually have full records of mine and evo8.com's correspondance if people'd like to see it. It's all email, as they never returned my calls.

Post some highlights, if you feel they don't deserve any business. If they're screwing you then they deserve some bad publicity.

Cabo
Old Dec 1, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah we need to get this taken care of by law...they still have some of my parts
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear about this. I ran into the same problem when I ordered my Shine Street kit for my 2001 Eclipse. 8 piece kit and only the side skirts fit right.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

still have some of your parts too, eh? And the mention of a lawyer....alright, I've got an idea, although it's probably rediculous.

We find all evom members who've had bad experiences with evo8.com, get a lawyer, and sue evo8.com to make restitutions.

Legal fees would be split amongst the people who take part in the collective lawsuit.

I have no idea how the law works with something like this, maybe one of you do.

I'll find some highlights...or I might jsut post the whole correspondance that I sent to my CC company.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

(9/24/05)Chris, I'm ready to order finally! I left a phone message, but just in case, I'm sending an email too. I'm gonna go ahead and get the kit we discussed, minus the canards. That should put the price right around $1800-1850? Thanks!
-Ty
503-260-3562

(9/26/05)Make the order for the Cwest kit, hood, etc on the site, I'll adjust your costs personally and get EVERYTHING but the canards on there.

Front/back/sides Cwest kit
CF oem hood
CF trunk
shipping.

Thanks
www.evo8.com
Chris

(9/26/84) (email order receipt)
We will be in touch as soon as possible about your order, the details of which are as follows:

Order ID: 608
Customer Details:
Tyler Morita
440 NW 10th St.
Corvallis, Oregon
United States of America
Email: Z@Z-audio.com
Phone: 503-260-3562

Additional Information:
Thanks for adjusting it as we discussed Chris! I went ahead and added in the CF Ganador mirros. you told me $489 for those, but gruppe-s has 'em for $475 shipped...any way you could price match that for me? Thanks!
-Ty
--------------------------
Product ID: seiboncftrunk
Product Name: Seibon Carbon Trunk
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $675.00
Product ID: seibonoemhood
Product Name: Seibon OEM Carbon Hood
Unit Price: $580.00
Product ID: edtypec1
Product Name: Extreme Dimensions C-1 Kit
Unit Price: $0.00
> > > Select : Full (+$660.00)
Product ID: ganadormirrors
Product Name: Ganador Mirrors
Unit Price: $469.00
> > > Finish : Carbon Fiber (+$50.00)
Order Total : $2,434.00
Shipping : $190.00
Grand Total : $2,624.00

(9/26/05)Got your order and i'll match and beat the price to 475 OR 460.00 if I can get them in 1 of the boxes...I am all voer this!
Chris

(9/26/05)You rock Chris! Thanks!

Turn some wheels on the whole sponsorship, yeah? I'd love to be a part of the Evo8 team!

-Ty

(9/27/05)I am getting you there personally, you might be getting more than that just FYI

Chris

(10/2/05)Any idea when I should expect to hear back, or recieve the goods?

-Ty

(10/3/05) Goods are on their way to you Ty, most parts should be arriving late this week!

(10/11/05)I just accepted the freight, everything should be here tomorrow morning! Thanks!

I called and left a message for you, but I need a new clutch....price on the Exedy twin disc?

Let me know how the sponsorship junk is going!

-Ty

(10/12/05)Hey Chris, I just called and left a message, but I figured I'd email you also. I opened up the packages that came, and the C-west body kit and the CF hood arrived fine, but where's my trunk and mirrors? Were they coming in another shipment? Let me know!

-Ty

(10/13/05)trunk and mirrors come from another vendor.. ill see what happened! sorry race this weekend and we are way behind!

(10/15/05)Any word yet? Hopin' to get this stuff all installed asap!

-Ty

(10/18/05)The trunk is holding it up... hoping it leaves today

(10/18/05)Thanks Chris. Any word on the sponsorship?

(10/18/05)ooops CONGRATS WEST COAST REP Ty Morita!!!!

(10/18/05)Awesome! So what are the details of this sponsorship? That is, how would you like to be represented, and how am I being compensated?

(10/25/05)You will get demo parts to keep this year, at cost on all items and 50% off at cost on others.

We are making a graphic package for you to review as we speak

CF trunks arrive in late next week, I upgraded you on it

Hey Chris!

(11/5/05)What's the status on stuff? I still havnt' recieved the trunk and mirrors.

My car is back from the shop with the new Team Rip built race tranny in there, plus an exedy cerametallic clutch, CCI lightweight flywheel, and braided clutch line....the car has never felt so good! every shift is smooth and clean. I havn't put the R's in the red yet because I'm being nice for the break-in period, but if the low-rpm workings is any indication of the high-rpm workings, this thing will be a beast on the track!

How's the graphic's package lookin'? Don't suppose I could get some fundage for the paintjob I need once that trunk and mirrors get in, eh?

-Ty Morita

(11/5/05)Chris -
I'm trying to fit the C-west kit you sent me today, and the fitment is horrible! The kit DOES NOT fit! There's huge gaps all over the place, pieces look like they were cut wrong, it's a huge mess, and NOT going on my car! Did you know about the fitment issues? We need to sort this out, give me a call at 503-260-3562, or shoot me an email asap. thanks.

-Ty Morita

(11/9/05) Sorry SEMA killed us Ty and we are playing bad catch up over here!

Your Trunk and mirrors I sent a request for tracking in today and said it was an emergency.

i'll be in touch one I know where they are for you
(11/9/05)CHECK YOUR PHONE MESSAGES!

I left about 5 or 6 phone messages for you, the latest threatening legal action. You guys need to get on the ball here! If SEMA is killing you, fine, but let me know BEFORE hand, don't leave me hanging!
The body kit you sold me DOES NOT fit. There's huge fitment issues around the headlights and fenders, and I'm not willing to drop $1k on it for a body shop to re fiberglass the whole thing.

Call me to discuss this: 503-260-3562

-Ty Morita

(11/9/05)I'll make calls now and start working on it.

i need to know EXACTLY what is wrong and where it may be somethign easy that isnt being looked at

(11/9/05)Attached are pictures. There's about an inch gap between both headlights, and the bumper doesn't reach all the way to the wheel wells. I've tried heating the kit and massaging it into place with no luck. Bump bar is removed, and nothing on the bumper is hitting anything. It just WILL NOT FIT, plain and simple.

-Ty Morita

(11/9/05) sending pics to my rep now thanks TY!

(11/9/05) I already did that. I sent those pics to Charlie@extremedimensions.com. He said to trim the kit so that nothing is hitting the body of the car, and to heat it up and massage it into place. Already triple checked that nothing was hitting the body at all, and I heated up the whole bumper with a heat gun with no luck. I doubt they'll say anything different to you. The only thing that will get a fitting bumper on my car is to replace this one completely.
-Ty

(11/10/05) What's the Status?

(11/14/05) Chris-
I took the front bumper to a local paint shop and had it sit in the oven for 2 hours to relax the fiberglass and help it to be pliable when fitting. Same problem. The pictures are accurate to the lack of it fitting at all. This piece is completely unusable. I haven't heard back from you in a while. I need you to go ahead and refund me the amount paid for the body kit, and set up a freight pickup for it to be returned to you. If I do not hear back from you either today or tomorrow, I will be contacting my credit card company, will be refusing your sponsorship, and will let others know of my experience with your shop. Thank you.

-Tyler Morita

(11/17/05) OJ at EXTREME DIMNESIONS he knows about your case.. explain to him the fit they think it's off because you need to trim your IC up front.

let me know

(11/17/05) That is NOT the case. I told you, chris, there's nothing contacting the kit from behind, and even if there were, there are still huge gaps between the headlights. For the 10th time, THE KIT DOES NOT FIT.

(11/17/05) i know sir! If you can tell him that (instead of me passing down info) it will make the return process easier... my hands are tied without you telling him.

PS I have 3 parts i'll need you to sample out for us in about 2-3 weeks i'll let you know when they are done

(11/17/05)I've already spoke with Charlie at Extreme Dimensions, and he knows the situation as well. I just called ED, and got nothing but a machine.

(11/17/05) what is your number OK will call you

(11/28/05) Chris,
I just left a phone message for you, and I expect to hear back, BY PHONE before 5:00 today. I STILL have not received the trunk and mirrors that I ordered and paid for on Sept 26th. I STILL have this useless piece of fiberglass that DOES NOT fit my car. The hood you sent me has fitment issues in the front, and is made by extreme dimensions, not Seibon like I ordered.

I am writing a letter to my credit card company right now, and will send it off if I do not hear back from you today.

I need you to schedule and pay for a freight pickup of the peices that I did receive, and issue a full refund for the amount I paid. Also, terminate my sponsorhisp, as I do not want to represent a company who treats their customers as poorly as you've treated me.

-Tyler Morita

__________________________________________________ ___

On December 1st, I received an email from Extreme Dimensions, the company who made the non-fitting body pieces. They proposed that I ship them back the body pieces, and pay for them to ship me a replacement which is not guaranteed to fit. The total cost to me would be nearly $800 in freight shipping charges. In the email I received from extreme dimensions, there was a forwarded email sent from Chris at 350zforums.com that states “He is calling today for you

He says the hood, the kit do not fit and is throwing a baby hissy fit.”

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy From Evo8.com!!!