Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do Not Buy From Evo8.com!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT BUY FROM EVO8.COM!!!lc

Some of your recall my issues, some of you havn't heard....either way, anyone who doesn't know already needs to be warned: DO NOT BUY FROM EVO8.COM.

I spoke over the phone with a sales rep (Chris) who talked me into what seemed like a great deal full a full C-west body kit, Seibon CF hood, Seibon CF trunk, and Ganador CF mirros. He also offered me a sponsorship and made me the "official west coast rep for evo8.com".

I paid for all of the parts on Sept 26th.

After many delays, The body kit and hood arrived on October 12th. The body kit was made by extreme dimensions, and fit atrociously. I have pics if people are interested. HUGE 1" gaps around headlights, doesn't meet the fenders, won't allow the hood latch to move, etc. BIG issues that would cost a body shop over $1k to fix.

Trunk and mirrors never came.

I called and emailed many many times, with the best response being "Sorry, we're playing catchup, SEMA killed us".

It's now December 1st, my credit card company is involved, still havn't receieved my trunk and mirrors. Evo8.com refuses to do anything about the body kit, and is shifting things over to extreme dimensions to take care of, leaving me with an almost $800 freight shipping bill to ship the non-fitting kit in, and a replacement extreme dimensions kit out, which is also not garunteed to fit.

In Evo8.com's email to extreme dimensions (forewarded to me) Chris called me a whiney baby, and refuses to take any reasonable action.

Lot's of false promises (trunk and mirrors have been ordered today with emergency shipment!), non-communication (havn't once been able to speak with anyone over the phone), etc.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear it.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

My CC company is being cool about it, but they may put the charge back on my CC...I think the pieces need to be returned to get my money back, but I have no address to return them to, and freight charges are crazy expensive.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

damn sorry to hear. i have heard nothing but bad things about them.

See threads like this are informative and very positive for the site in my opinion. The worst is when people start complaining and b|tchin when they have NOT even talked to the company to try and resolve the issue (which you have).
So what i am saying is this is a legit and informative warning to evom users by Zemo to keep others from having the same negative experience. He has obviously exhausted his contacting resources- SO do not give him any sh*t saying he's "bashing" evo8.com, he is only being TRUTHFUL
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

I've only heard bad things about them...
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

I actually have full records of mine and evo8.com's correspondance if people'd like to see it. It's all email, as they never returned my calls.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
damn sorry to hear. i have heard nothing but bad things about them.

See threads like this are informative and very positive for the site in my opinion. The worst is when people start complaining and b|tchin when they have NOT even talked to the company to try and resolve the issue (which you have).
So what i am saying is this is a legit and informative warning to evom users by Zemo to keep others from having the same negative experience. He has obviously exhausted his contacting resources- SO do not give him any sh*t saying he's "bashing" evo8.com, he is only being TRUTHFUL
i agree, same thing happened to me
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

no address?? thats really not good... sorry to hear about your issue. hope everything gets resolved!
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:33 PM
ELF
Evolving Member

Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean a C-West replica kit please.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by value
You mean a C-West replica kit please.
correct.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Zemo
In Evo8.com's email to extreme dimensions (forewarded to me) Chris called me a whiney baby, and refuses to take any reasonable action.
Now that would just make me flaming mad. I've heard nothing good about them either and I plan to never do business with them as well and I'll definitely pass the word. Sorry Zemo to hear your bad luck and horrible customer service.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

looks like evo8.com is staying away from this thread...what thievs
Old Dec 1, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by J Dog
Now that would just make me flaming mad. I've heard nothing good about them either and I plan to never do business with them as well and I'll definitely pass the word. Sorry Zemo to hear your bad luck and horrible customer service.
The story behind that one is this: I sent Chris an email detailing the situation in full, and stating my ultimatum, mention credit card company involvment.

He sent an email to extreme dimensions with this as the body"He is calling today for you

He says the hood, the kit do not fit and is throwing a baby hissy fit."

And then told me to call ED.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy From Evo8.com!!!