Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO8.com an explaination to the members

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2005, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO8.com an explaination to the members

Members of the forum,

I feel that I have let you all down a little so I want to explain the situations since it appears out of hand and rumors are flying.

((DAVID))

My personal life has taken some pretty tragic turns and we'll leave it at that to save time and really no one cares.

The result: I sold the company to better equiped hands and over the last 5 weeks have been finishing the transition from me to them once and for all so you all can get the parts and service that we were famous for all these years on this wonderful site. The transition is now done and service is being 100% restored and people left in the dark about 3-4 are being fixed as fast as we can

JSEVO- already mailed out

ZEMO- going as fast as we can with warranty dept

Smokey- waiting for GReddy to get part in

#4?? who are you ??

It is all my fault this happened so I am not going to blame anyone but me personally. I melted and personally just couldnt take doing much the last 5 weeks but deal with personal issues and get this to the best people I could find in the business.

You all as members and customers mean a lot to me and the way you were treated by me was shameful and I HOPE you can forgive me the best you can. It was dishonorable and unprofessional and you are welcome to bash away because I would if in the opposite position.

I want to say that I hope you will know the new owner of the site who is an established IMPORT shop already is taking on the parts I specialize in, has the professionalism and integrity to make sure you will come back again and again.

To the specific few I hurt: I am sending you all something extra to say "let's let the past be teh past and move on"

To the ones who never gave us a try because of me.... Try the new guys out... I know they will out shine me because they are better.

Take care of what Mark left us all behind because it is special and what we do here is special.

god bless,

David Stoner
former owner EVO8.com
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Now thats what you call Humility...

Good luck.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

actions will heal wounds and hopefully those people will post when resolutions are made. I would hate to see a new owner take a reputation hit right off the bat
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

i would call that PURE, UNINFLUENCED, BRUTAL HONESTY. good luck with your personal issues adn you have served this community well. cheers
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

David, I have been dealing with chris since late september, and matters are still not resolved. My experience thus far is that dealing with evo8.com (chris) via email is not going to solve anything, and will cause this to be dragged out for a very long time. As such, I need to speak with someone via PHONE (which I've told chris many times before). My number is 503-260-3562. Currently, my credit card company is dealing with this matter. If this matter is resolved over the phone, I will call my credit card company to cancel the dispute.

I will post honestly on this board about my experiences. Please, from now on, make them posative.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

wow. good luck in life man. that was way honest there.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

I want to believe your post is honest and sincere, but my experience with evo8.com thus far has been far from honest. Please, please, please, make good on your promises and call me now to resolve this...you'll understand if I take your post with a grain of salt until then.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds familar like when you tried to win the support back from the G35 and 350z people.

You said you were quitting and giving the company over to someone else and you were done. But your back?
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i really appreciate this thread, im willing to give the benefit of the doubt, i sent you another email, PLEASE reply to this one! thanks
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

I also am willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I have sent another email and expect to hear back via phone asap.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 09:59 PM
Account Disabled

Mr. Stoner - you treated me like family when I came to Texas - I liked your shop

You had a great store and a great smoothie shop

We all make mistakes and at least you are man enough to admit it and say sorry

While that does not excuse letting down a customer - at least you were honest about it

I wish you the best in the future
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

evo8.com, i dont know if you remember me but i ordered the invidia tp with cel eliminator a long time ago but turns out the cel eliminator dont work. you told me were going to order me a new months ago but never came. so is the new owner gonna take care of this?? plz pm me.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Very stand up David

I hope all is well with your wife, my prayers are deffinetly with you.

BTW: I am the radio DJ that ordered a bunch of stuff from you back in the day

Good luck to you!

JP
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:13 AM

It just needed to be said so people didnt think i was just ignoring these posts. I had not seen the forums in over 4 weeks so I was not sure what was out there.

Mobounce of course I know who you are, you my fav DJ/customer of course!!!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
David, I sent you an e-mail, please respond ASAP, I just want the tracking number because you said it had already been shipped. Thanks!

Quick Reply: EVO8.com an explaination to the members