Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Installed Defi BF boost gauge in my IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Defi BF boost gauge in my IX - With Pics!

Just wanted to let everyone know my stock boost level on my IX. I installed defi bf boost gauge with controller so I know its accurate. Car peaks at 1.55 and tapers to about 1.25 which is about 22.5psi and 18psi taper. Car pulls hard and am very impressed. It feels better than my 04 with TBE/Dynoflash/MBC. I have an appt at Topspeed on Tues and will post dyno numbers in this thread.

Added some pics for those who wanted to see

Last edited by an0ther; Dec 4, 2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds good, Let us know the outcome.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by an0ther
Just wanted to let everyone know my stock boost level on my IX. I installed defi bf boost gauge with controller so I know its accurate. Car peaks at 1.55 and tapers to about 1.25 which is about 22.5psi and 18psi taper. Car pulls hard and am very impressed. It feels better than my 04 with TBE/Dynoflash/MBC. I have an appt at Topspeed on Tues and will post dyno numbers in this thread.

Did you install the guage by yourself? or @ a shop? Any pictures?
Old Dec 3, 2005, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to see pictures as well.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

I installed it myself and will post pics on tues along with dyno sheets
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

pics added
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice, at what rpm do you hit full boost in the IX?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice, i just ordered the defi boost gauge as well for my ix and the same pod but on the other side... very nice. how long did it take you to install and which vacuum line did you plug into...the one by the intake manifold or the bov ?... just curious, if you could take pics of the install and email to jsnrchtr at aol... or just post on here that would be great... thanks
Old Dec 4, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Did it myself, took me about 45 min for full install. Ive been installing car audio/performance/security for 12 years and am the asst bay manager/lead installer at my shop. Open hood and go back to the fuel pressure regulator and tap the line. There is a plug already there on the pass side firewall. The rest is pretty simple, cut out the back of the cubby hole to the size of the controller so its easy access for adding more gauges in the future. Clean both the unit with some degreaser and double stick it to the top with the back of the unit hanging out about 3/4 inch. I soldered all my connections to the ignition harness and light harness. Screwed the cup down with 1/4 screws and you can figure out the rest.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by an0ther
Did it myself, took me about 45 min for full install. Ive been installing car audio/performance/security for 12 years and am the asst bay manager/lead installer at my shop. Open hood and go back to the fuel pressure regulator and tap the line. There is a plug already there on the pass side firewall. The rest is pretty simple, cut out the back of the cubby hole to the size of the controller so its easy access for adding more gauges in the future. Clean both the unit with some degreaser and double stick it to the top with the back of the unit hanging out about 3/4 inch. I soldered all my connections to the ignition harness and light harness. Screwed the cup down with 1/4 screws and you can figure out the rest.
or just simply follow this tutorials...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=boost
Old Dec 4, 2005, 02:22 PM

Does your Defi BF boost guage read below zero at idle??? There was one in my car when I bought it-2005Evo. It always reads below zero at idle. I just finished changing the ground to a known good ground-no difference.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Vacume effect durning idle, it's the pistons and valves opening thus sucking in air and it a vacume with the throttle body half closed and such, i got a question, for the Defi BF, should i wire the power into my headlight switch or constant 12v cuz of the black hidden face effect of the BF gauges
Old Dec 4, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

im guessing the constant 12v coz it needs to be on everytime the car is on.

is there any other tutorials to installing the defi bf + controller?

btw, great install! what pod did you use?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

it has a constant/ign/ground/parking lights. You just need to hook it to your parking light wire, not your dimmer wire. The dimmer is fully adjustable in the control unit. It also has one setting for when lights are off and one for when they are on.

Originally Posted by ballistic speed
Vacume effect durning idle, it's the pistons and valves opening thus sucking in air and it a vacume with the throttle body half closed and such, i got a question, for the Defi BF, should i wire the power into my headlight switch or constant 12v cuz of the black hidden face effect of the BF gauges
Old Dec 4, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good