Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs AUDI RS4

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2005, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REALITY CHECK: An RS4 will cost about $80,000 in the USA. That's more than twice the price of a new IX MR and over 3 times what I paid for my '04 RS.

My daily driver is a B6 S4, so I know of what I speak. The Audi is WAY too heavy to be a good track car.

On the street, if you can afford the price of admission, the RS4 will be a terrific car, but I have a hard time seeing it as an alternative to an EVO. Just a completely different class of car.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RC51EVO
uh you have a lot of power what do you think is going to happen?

but nice choice
thats what im thinking
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yaroslav
Yes BUT it`s reliable power not like in evo- 3 launches and you broke something
Very, very, true! For every 1 person you hear about that is running fine there are 10 people that broke a shaft, diff, clutch, TC. It's almost secretive though you will here about a car running 10's and then all of a sudden you don't hear anything. Then you find out the car is getting a TRE tranny put in.

Double edged sword AWD!!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cloudy
When you have 600whp you are gonna have trouble.. That should of been expected. And iam curious you say your clutch went out all the time? Uhh what did you have the stock clutch and kept replacing it with the stock clutch? Cause i dont see a twin or triple plate clutch going out that much.

Launching a high hp AWD car always has the possibility of being problematic. AMS has the best products DSS level V shafts that's 4K right there, Shep trans and diff 3K, a triple Exedy 2K...that's money 9K plus the install if it's someone not doing their own work. AMS has busted two rear shafts that I know of.

You can take a viper and run all day at 600rwhp the 8.55@174mph viper still runs IRS and hasn't broken a shaft yet. There is no way to make AWD "Bulletproof" for lack of a better word.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

RS4 would rip the evo a new exaust hole.. BUT for 80 Gs i'd get an M5.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by earthman
Man for everyday i have LEXUS GX470
Evo is my second car. There is no point in M5.I would buy M6 if it was manual and AWD...
Old Dec 4, 2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Yaroslav
WHY? AND MAN RS4 IS NOT VW
I had a 2000 GTi with about 4k in mods and it was still a damn pig. When i went to sell it it took 7 weeks to sell and still only got 4 calls TOTAL. Wierd electrical problems happening at random then going away.

VW makes audi, its all the same thing.

I cam from hondas where you put the car up for sale and its sold in a week. way more reliable cars and less expensive to mod/maintain.

After my experience with the GTi I vowed to never own another VW/Audi again. The only thing i liked about the car is it had a very stiff chassis for being stock, and great a/c.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 08:10 PM

Audi's are good cars along with VW's but they are expensive to maintain. Although Audi's only have to be serviced every 15k kilometers or one year, when the warranty is up it will really put a dent in your wallet. At 25k kilometers an Audi RS6 has to have a full tune up that takes about 4.5 hours and $550 in parts & the front brakes will most likley have to be replaced at the same time (all covered under warranty by audi). I expect the RS4 to be in the same category as the RS6 so be prepared to spend money when the warranty is up.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by earthman
Um no it wouldn't, it's not that fast. Well if you compare it to a stock 2003 EVO then maybe it would be one pretty bad. But a 2006 EVO IX is a different story. I believe the RS4 runs very low 13s, and on it's best days it runs high 12s. Guess what, the EVO IX has been running similiar times.

Anyways I don't understand what this guy expects, when your making huge power over stock problems should be expected. If he plans to do the same thing to the RS4 (make big power) it will not be immune to problems and the repair bills will be much more expensive.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

The RS4 is a great car if you plan to keep it stock or do little mods. That high-rev V8 probably don't have much room for modification.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

RS4 is a SICK ride!!! I mean, duh its not as fast as your current evo but think of all the ladies you'll get.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
REALITY CHECK: An RS4 will cost about $80,000 in the USA. That's more than twice the price of a new IX MR and over 3 times what I paid for my '04 RS.

My daily driver is a B6 S4, so I know of what I speak. The Audi is WAY too heavy to be a good track car.

On the street, if you can afford the price of admission, the RS4 will be a terrific car, but I have a hard time seeing it as an alternative to an EVO. Just a completely different class of car.
110% agreed, although if i could afford one as a daily driver i would consider it
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I see that your 26 so we have to think about priorities here. Your pretty much at the prime of your life so I'd go with a car that will get the ladies. I doubt that the rs4 will get ladies looking. Have you considered an m3? I have a video of this m3 csl, and all I know is it looks/sounds/performs great.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=75A530BB-2A85-4EF8-BF08-72806831BE90&kw=13&p=0!
Old Dec 5, 2005, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

dont be mistaken by crappy companies for german cars. u want quality stuff for an audi or a vw go to

goarp.com
ecstuning.com
pes-tuning.com

and for forums

vwvortex.com

use these and u will find the best parts. now im not sure what kind of tuning they have for an rs4 but they can help u .
Old Dec 5, 2005, 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
www.goapr.com is the biggest now that they bought oettinger

If you buy the RS4 you will be bored with it after a month.

Quick Reply: EVO vs AUDI RS4