Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

given a choice, which mod would u do first?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go with the cams ... Tomei's if you can afford it but the HKS cause they have been proven. I wouldnt change turbo's your TME 6.5 is an excellent turbo as it is ...
Old Dec 7, 2005, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Why do people keep suggesting mods he already has? The first post clearly shows that he has a catless TBE, and his 2nd message shows that he already has coilovers.

Erggy, why are you getting the SARD R2D2 BOV? That's a pretty ricey BOV that helps no more than BOVs half its price, and it looks ridiculous.
hehe SARD R2D2 are the only ones that are available for me to get. Otherwise HKS?Greddy will be twice its price.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by erggy
hehe SARD R2D2 are the only ones that are available for me to get. Otherwise HKS?Greddy will be twice its price.
How about none of the above and go with the JDM MR DV...they come standard on the ones out there.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Why do people keep suggesting mods he already has? The first post clearly shows that he has a catless TBE, and his 2nd message shows that he already has coilovers.
I'm surprised at this question from you Warrr as you of all should know by now that folks here don't READ.

Given that we have two (2) items we gotta choose from, and strongly considering the fact that the word budget was mentioned ... I'd choose A.

. cams/valve springs:
- HKS 272s or Tomei 270s

If you're really going all the way, with bigger turbo and maybe even some internal mods also, you can *** 280s to the short list.

My answer is the cams/valve springs as next mod.

I suggest also, meth headbolts and cam gears.