Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Carbon Fiber Wing recall?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Hey i like that. Good idea.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
At 38k, you're out of warranty, so I don't think you have a chance. Even if you were still within the warranty timeframe, there is no RECALL (recalls are for safety items only), and there is no TSB (technical service bulletin for non-safety issues). Some dealerships replace it or fix it with no questions asked, whereas others tell you to stick it up your pooper. You have nothing to lose by going to a dealership or two and showing it to them, but you'd have to get very lucky for any of them to replace/fix it for free.

Ugh.... Ive gotton plent of stuff replaced on my audi, that was recalled that have nothing to do with saftey. Recalls dont HAVE to be a saftey issue. The majority of them are because the company wants to save there **** from being sued. But yea you can have a recall on a non saftey item.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I've had my wing replaced already and i'm having it replaced again due to fading again. This will be third wing
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by sleet
I've had my wing replaced already and i'm having it replaced again due to fading again. This will be third wing
Christ, is that just pure poor Mitsubishi quality or is carbon fiber a whole another monster? I'm expecting my second wing from the dealer, but don't want to have to drive in every year just for that. I might just take the wing off all together.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:33 PM

I had mine changed out also... My dealer gave me a 12,000 mile mark for warranty on the wing when I complained about it. I had 11,000 miles on it when it started to peel... I just got the new wing about a month ago, it took almost 5 months for me to get it... I sprayed an extra 2 layers of clear coat the next day just to be on the safe side since they said it's no longer covered under my warranty... God knows I don't want it to look like that again... Another thing is my friend received his too, brand new about 4 months ago and it's starting to peel again... Good luck fellas...
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

my dealer says the district rep has to look at it. I'm still waiting for that call...