Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Carbon Hoods

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Hoods

i just bend the crap out of my MR hood.(minivans suck) im going to replace with a carbon fiber... suggestions? i was thinking SEIBON CARBON FIBER C HOOD. what do everyone else have? what should i expect to pay? does anyone know where i can get a great deal?
thanks for the help!!!!
Old Dec 5, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

check out the thread in evo show and shine called post your pictures of evos with cf hoods.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:04 AM

seibon is hard to beat as far as quality, fit, and price. just type seibon cf hood in the search, theres a few vendors that have them on sale now. u could shoot SupremeCVR a pm, thats where ill be getting mine from as soon as i can decide what i want. plan on around 6-7 bills +/- shpping.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

i have a seibon hood and i love it.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

I recently had a Seibon OEM-style hood installed due to a similar 'incident' with my stocker. The fit was decent and I was told that 'for a CF hood' it was quite good. The only thing I didnt like about the hood was the vent mesh is this silver metal that reminds me of some kind of gutter guard or something. Im going to paint it black so it shouldnt stand out too much. From the looks of it, it would be impossible to transfer the stock mesh over to the new hood.

Mine ended up being about $640 shipped and installed by a local shop.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mikey52
I recently had a Seibon OEM-style hood installed due to a similar 'incident' with my stocker. The fit was decent and I was told that 'for a CF hood' it was quite good. The only thing I didnt like about the hood was the vent mesh is this silver metal that reminds me of some kind of gutter guard or something. Im going to paint it black so it shouldnt stand out too much. From the looks of it, it would be impossible to transfer the stock mesh over to the new hood.

Mine ended up being about $640 shipped and installed by a local shop.
Easy way to take care of that bit of ugly is to remove the hood and mask it really well. Then get some flat black spray paint and have at it. A couple of coats should be just fine. If worried about heat get something that has a high resistance like caliper paint. It takes care of that problem really quick. I do the same thing to my windshield wiper arms when they start to peal, crack, or chip.