Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Snow Broom or SNO BRUM

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snow Broom or SNO BRUM

Any of you guys who daily drive your Evo through the winter months use one of these? I hate usuing snow brushes to clean off cars because I am afraid that it will scrath my paint? Last year i used a normal brush on my 03 black s-10 and then when spring came I noticed a bunch of scratches and figured it was due to the winter months...So I dont want this to happen to the Evo and I hate driving with snow piled on the roof and trunk until it melts, soooo I found this...Seems like it would work good?

http://www.hvaa.com/snow_broom.htm

Found this too...

http://www.properautocare.com/oxotwsnbrice.html
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

I know this sounds dumb and its not meant to be a dumb comment, but just dont use the brush on the paint. I live in Buffalo NY, we get plenty of snow, I just do the windows and the headlights if needed.
If I got alot of snow on the car I will push it off, but only the top few inches, trying not to hit the paint. When the car is dirty, I dont think it matters what your using really, best to avoid doing it at all IMHO

I Snow

Last edited by Jeller; Dec 5, 2005 at 01:33 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

WHen I lived in NJ, I used one on my black sti. Found scratches on the wing/hood,etc. that spring, it was from the brush I used. Took a while to fix it with a good swirl remover, not all came out.

What I started doing on snow days was letting the car warm up for 10-15 minutes in the morning, with all heat blasted max. Most of the snow/ice would come off using a small towel, no scratches. Brush Is fine for windows and headlights, but just use the towel on the body. Some people barely clear a porthole on the windshield, but I was **** about no heavy ice/snow on any of the car. The towel worked great.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

Just drive fast down the highway Na just kidding, i live in wisonsin, and i just store my EVO, yeah yeah bash on it all you want, but i picked up a 200 ford tempo from soem old guy that only has 83,XXX miles on it, couldn't go wrong
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

LOL so you are the one I'm cussing on the interstate @ 70mph with snow and ice flying off your car!

I'm lucky enough to have a garage so this is not an issue for me.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

yep that would be me, i think i got my tempo up to 70 once going down a hill i love it tho, i was going down highway to work, not an interstate, just a 2-way highway (in the tempo) and i got behind a semi, and it snowed the day before, and it sounded like rocks (but it was salt) hitting my car, thousands of them, i was so happy to have the beater i didn't care, but i was thinking about if i would have had the EVO i would have been just flipping out, i mean it was raining salt everywhere, thats another reason i dont drive it in winter.