Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need brake help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need brake help

ok so the stock pads went about a week ago. so i got some Porterfield RS4's and had them installed at the local wheel work.

so i have bee hearing some squeaks and alot of times i hear the pads stopping the car (like the noise of the pads rubbing against the rotors). they dont squeak all the time, but it seems that the squeaking(only when i stop) happens after i have been driving for a few minutes. i dont drive very hard most of the time, and the squeaking doesnt happen if i stop harshly.

is this just what should be happening or is something wrong?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:42 PM

Did you bed the pads in? I've never used Porterfields but just about everyone has some sort of break-in/bed-in procedure.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 01:00 PM

no i havent, how do i do that?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

You need to heat cycle the pads. Do 30 mph and come to a regular stop. do that about 10 times.Do a cool down for 10 min. Up the speed to 50 mph and do the same.Cool down again. You then can stomp the brakes and should have no issues. Good luck....