Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dealership ..wow

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealership ..wow

(this is just ranting/complaining/whining, so if u're in a bad day and don't hope to get anymore ranting/complainig/whining from somebody else, then please skip this thread, so i dont make u feel worse)

Hi guys,

I'm almost ready to get a new car, and as much as i love the Evo i wanted to do more research on other cars before my final decision is made. so i've been requesting for brochures from various car makers. anyways, I've requested for a 2006 Evo IX brochure from the mitsu website 14 times with no response already, and today finally somebody e-emailed me back with a response.

the e-mail started with "well let's be frank"...and basically the dude went on and said i SHOULD know about the Evo already, and if i dont i can find more about it from "Evo chat rooms"....basically he refuses to give me a brochure and not only that he insulted my act of requesting for a brochure.

why can't i just get a brochure? i want to have all the nice pictures that come with a brochure as well as printed specs so i can show my parents who have no time to log on to the internet to check the specs/pictures for themselves.

i'm not very happy to get this email to say the least. after 14 times of requests and i get this bs? i've requested and RECEIVED via mail brochures from Subaru, BMW, MB, mazda, nissan.....i really wonder, is mitsu trying really hard to lose customers?? if not howcome they absolutely fail to teach their employees common sense in customer service?

i emailed the guy back with a msg that i'm sure will get my point across. this is ridiculous. it if weren't for my love for the Evo IX i'm sure i'd get an STi when i'm ready to get a new car...i got my wrx brochures 2 days after my request on their website.

anyways, just ranting. i'm sick and tired of this bullsh*t mitsu service. it's really giving me second thoughts about buying a 30k+ car from mitsu.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

dude.. my parents picked up a brochure for me when they were getting some parts.. you want me to scan it for you and put it up on a site?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

oh crap you live in diamond bar.. thats right around here
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Why not just goto the dealership and get one???

Are you really spending the 30k, or are your parents??
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoLoverForever
dude.. my parents picked up a brochure for me when they were getting some parts.. you want me to scan it for you and put it up on a site?
naw thanks dude. i just wanted to have a real brochure so i can flip it and look at it whenever i want. i mean i get brochures easily from other car makers....i walked into the dealerships in puente hills and fullerton and they said they dont have brochures yet (2 weeks ago). since requesting brochures online seemed to have worked for every other car makers i figure why not try it with mitsu.

my post is not just about gettin the brochure anymore, it's the principle of sh*t customer service from mitsu. but thanks for ur offer anyways.

btw my pop lives in chino
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

or you can actually go to the dealership. Mine has them at least....
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's kinda weird. I've never heard of requesting a mailed brochure via email, and why would you need to show your parents? What do they have to do with a $35k car you're buying? You shouldn't need a mailed brochure so badly that you email someone 14 times. It only takes one trip to the local Mitsu dealership.
Evolved Member

Why don't you just go and GET one from the dealership. You could also call MMNA directly and have them send you a brochure if you'd rather not leave the house. Dealers are A-holes, just go to another dealership.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Man that is what gives salespeople a bad rap how unprofessional!

I work for a Mitsubishi dealership! What is your address and I will mail you one tomorrow morning!

Pm me with your address!

That is just plain stupid!

Best regards,
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mattfl
Why not just goto the dealership and get one???

Are you really spending the 30k, or are your parents??
i've been to the 2 closest dealerships around my house already but they told me they didnt have a brochure. and yes i'm paying it myself, or else i would have been driving around in an Evo 2 years ago. i'm 19 and have to pay for ucla tuition/rents so i've been saving up for a 30K+ car (EVo)
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

dont let crap like that stop you from buying an evo, you have all of the nice pics and specs on the mitsubishicars.com website
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by QAT-R
Why don't you just go and GET one from the dealership. You could also call MMNA directly and have them send you a brochure if you'd rather not leave the house. Dealers are A-holes, just go to another dealership.

Hey Hey now! LOL>..... dont diss us dealers... not ALL of us are bad apples!
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
i've been to the 2 closest dealerships around my house already but they told me they didnt have a brochure. and yes i'm paying it myself, or else i would have been driving around in an Evo 2 years ago. i'm 19 and have to pay for ucla tuition/rents so i've been saving up for a 30K+ car (EVo)
Why do you need to show it to your parents if you're the one paying for it?
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMSA/B...on&model_id=45
Old Dec 5, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's kinda weird. I've never heard of requesting a mailed brochure via email, and why would you need to show your parents? What do they have to do with a $35k car you're buying? You shouldn't need a mailed brochure so badly that you email someone 14 times. It only takes one trip to the local Mitsu dealership.
hi warr, i'm going to be careful in my response so i dont get on ur bad side

i requested the brochure on www.mitsubishicars.com website cuz the 2 dealerships i physically went to said they didnt have brochure for the evo 9 yet. i didnt want to drive 40 miles to the next closest dealership for a brochure, so i decided to request for one on the mitsu website. this method worked for the other car makers.

i wanted to show my parents all the possible cars i'm considering (evo, sti, rx8 etc). they're too busy and prefer lookin at the pictures/specs of cars on the brochure. they aint paying for it but i believe it's basic respect to let my parents know why their son will be spending 30k+ on.

Quick Reply: dealership ..wow