Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Year in the life of my EVO........

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well this changes some things, if you beat the crap out of the car in events and on the strip you have to expect that your going to have things go wrong that you'll need to fix. You got to pay to play.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I vote to get rid of the car too. I have one of the first Evo and beside the P0300 code and replacing the clutch(for a twin Exedy) it is still showing no sign of trouble. Im at 35K mark.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The annoying thing is I have never beat the crap out of the car. I have never tracked it or dragged it. I have floored the car occasionally (but it should handle that).
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The lemon law is only for new cars. I can see how the oil leaks would be a PITA. I would be pretty upset myself.

You could try having an area EVO garage meet at your place. Maybe another EVO guru could fix your car for some cheeseburgers and beer. I used to do that for people all the time.

If not, I kept getting repeat problems I would schedule an appointment with the service manager and maybe politely call the regional mistu rep. If nothing else you may be able to get a better mechanic assigned to the job or at least get some free stuff. My dad got a nice free leather jacket from dodge because he politely complained about something.

As for the accident......hopefully they will write you check to get it fixed and you can pocket some of the money.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

definetly a lemon, or maybe the first owner didn't break the car in to let the seals set correctly. Or worse it could have been a coporate demo *gasp* and mitsu just gave the car to journalists and such to beat on. I was offered one of those when I was buying mine...no thanks. You can beat on your car, but you gotta take care of it too. Sorry for your troubles man
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stuevo03
The annoying thing is I have never beat the crap out of the car. I have never tracked it or dragged it. I have floored the car occasionally (but it should handle that).
You might as well beat the crap out of the car. If something serious takes a dump mitsu will more than likely just replace it with a new part. The cars were made to get the crap beat out of them. They can take the abuse. Once you get the oil leaks fixed it will be a great car.

Anyone who plans on buying a used EVO expects it to have been beaten on anyway so its not like you are gonna get more money for a babied EVO. Enjoy the car. Drive it like it was intended to be driven. Get it out on that track. No reason to buy an EVO and baby the darn thing unless you cannot afford tires and gas....if thats the case you should sell the EVO and get an 06 SI.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Your car was probably a lemon that someone else dumped, or maybe abused before you got it.

Also, it sounds like your dealer tech sucks.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 09:01 AM

The Dealer Techs do suck. Its the 3rd Tech who has looked at it. Also the Tech guy has to pay the deductable for the damage ($1000) out of his own pocket.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Please dont tell me they are running this thru your insurance.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 09:36 AM

No, it is thru theirs.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

It's sounds like your car is a lemon. Was the EVO purchase new at the Dealership you brought it from used? If so I would ask for old records to see if the car was service alot?

Good luck!