Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

rims

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rims

since i had my car, i've been dying to change my rims with volk gt7 (mercury color/silver) or anything bright gold w/ chrome lip on it. but yesterday when i had my new tires it was so dirty that when i woke up this morning, i decided to wash my car thouroughly. a good hour, when the car was sparkling bling, bling , i looks at my car in a distance and i guess, the stock rims are not that bad at all, what do u guys think, should i leave it alone and just buy coilovers/springs and lower the car or buy a new one?
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

yeah...i have my car parked acrossed the street at my neighbors house!! and it looks pretty good!!! i might even powdercoat them gunmetal!!! but my other option is getting work emotions 18 gunmetal...but i dont want a thinner tire, and now that im looking at my car 17s are not that bad!!!
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:30 AM

Depends really.

You may want to get a seperate set of wheels for your summer tires and use your stock ones for winter. Most people do that since it makes their lives easier as the seasons change... and you don't have to keep paying remounting fees.

What are you mainly modifying your car for? Looks? Performance? Or maybe just small changes for the daily driver?
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

I think Mitsubishi picked out great rims for all EVO trim levels... why change... run them till they pop! LOL!
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoCorp
Depends really.

You may want to get a seperate set of wheels for your summer tires and use your stock ones for winter. Most people do that since it makes their lives easier as the seasons change... and you don't have to keep paying remounting fees.

What are you mainly modifying your car for? Looks? Performance? Or maybe just small changes for the daily driver?
i'm trying to balance my car as far as looks and performance, i'm trying to make it look like the preveiws evos. thats the reason why i bought the cwest bumper( a lil boxed up look) and i'm buying the veilside v1 side/rear undrwings so that it would not totally change the look of the car(still keeping the rally car look) once i had those on the body then everything goes to the engine, i only have intake, downpipe, bov, timer for now and after buying an exhaust, still debating if i should get springs or coilovers (since there is no autox trackhere but the same time i also want and adjustable one)
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by SushiSamurai
i'm trying to balance my car as far as looks and performance, i'm trying to make it look like the preveiws evos. thats the reason why i bought the cwest bumper( a lil boxed up look) and i'm buying the veilside v1 side/rear undrwings so that it would not totally change the look of the car(still keeping the rally car look) once i had those on the body then everything goes to the engine, i only have intake, downpipe, bov, timer for now and after buying an exhaust, still debating if i should get springs or coilovers (since there is no autox trackhere but the same time i also want and adjustable one)
It sounds like you're just modding your car for the daily driver with looks to boot. The performance mods you're putting in your car isn't going to do anything to performance without a good ECU tune and correct hardware mods.

Back to your wheel decision, I'd go with a good set of aftermarket wheels and keep your stocks for winter tires. It'll pay off later and makes it easier for you when you have to change your tires.