Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo interior?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Evo interior?

hey guys g35 coupe owner here craving speed~ was looking at the evo ix obviously a beast out the box......does anyone else agree with me that the interior is just horrid? if you do, what have you do or what can be done to make it just a little bit more....not ugly? hahahha i don't know how to put it.....thank you!!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What's your actual question? Are you talking about the upholstery on the seats, the center dash, or the gauge cluster? The Evo has a purpose, and the G35 has a purpose. Don't take a G35 mentality into an Evo purchase. The IX has better interior than the previous 3 years, so I don't think there's much you're going to improve.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Coming from a 98 eclipse, I personally have no problem with the evo interior.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by g35sammy
hey guys g35 coupe owner here craving speed~ was looking at the evo ix obviously a beast out the box......does anyone else agree with me that the interior is just horrid? if you do, what have you do or what can be done to make it just a little bit more....not ugly? hahahha i don't know how to put it.....thank you!!
I'm guessing your talking about the dash area. The seats are so sweet, much better than a G35's. Not to much to do with the dash unless you want white faced gauges. You can always add boost, etc.. in a gauge pod for more to look at.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What's your actual question? Are you talking about the upholstery on the seats, the center dash, or the gauge cluster? The Evo has a purpose, and the G35 has a purpose. Don't take a G35 mentality into an Evo purchase. The IX has better interior than the previous 3 years, so I don't think there's much you're going to improve.
sorry i didn't specify. im talking about the center dash area ~
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
I'm guessing your talking about the dash area. The seats are so sweet, much better than a G35's. Not to much to do with the dash unless you want white faced gauges. You can always add boost, etc.. in a gauge pod for more to look at.
ic ic......can you add anything like touchscreen and such? has anyone done that? thanks~
Old Dec 12, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Not really. Double DIN conversions have been done but it's not easy and won't be as slick as the G35. It's not a luxury car, it will never be a luxury car, I sense you won't be happy with one. Just wait for the GT-R to come out and get one of those. Also the Evo X is rumored to be snazzier. Maybe that's what you should get...
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ic ic......can you add anything like touchscreen and such? has anyone done that? thanks~
Dude, it's an Evo. What are you thinking? Do you realize what an Evo is? If you want to keep gadgets like you had in your G35 but have more power, then do an M3 maybe? The Evo is a purpose-built race car. I'm sure you can add whatever crazy devices you want, but that would be quite odd.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:14 PM

The interior is all about function. Everything there is necessary. IMO I like the idea of slender plastic versus big bulky doors or dashboards. In an infinity or similar car your sitting in a more comfortable loungy chair versus your no holds racing seat with all manual adjustments. Guess its all what you want in your car!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:18 PM

dude, i know what an evo is. it was simply a question~ it is obvious that you can't do much to this "racer car" ~ thanks~
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:22 PM

sure no problem.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

You can do a lot with this "racer car", where it counts. In the engine/suspension/drivetrain.

I know some of these posters really get offended, or try to justify the interior, but plain and simple fact is that it does suck ***. You don't buy this car for the interior, just like you don't buy a G for power/handling.

There is always trade-off's in a cars particular qualities when you in this price range, however if you want one of the best handling cars available with excellent power and aftermarket, then you must take a hit somewhere. That hit is shown in the interior.

The G is a pretty good balance overall, but there are plenty of cars in it's price range that will blow it's doors off. As well as car that will whoop it on an autocross or road course.

It really all depends on what you want.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know what you're thinking of but this is pretty badass.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&highlight=evo
Old Dec 13, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Mine.

Someone elses

Old Dec 13, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

of course you can add a touchscreen DVD with Navi if you wanted to.

Quick Reply: Evo interior?