Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Question about windows that can auto switch tint or not

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about windows that can auto switch tint or not

Because I GOT PULLED OVER tonight,

Short Story: some evo hater cut me over on Las Tunas Drive and slow down right infront of me ended up I am getting close to his bumper. and I let it go coz I just finish my dinner with my girl and ready to go home and sleep.

After traffic light, cops pulled me over and said I was too close to that guy blah blah blah, he gave me 3 advises, 1) ticket for too close to other car, 2)illegal exhaust(I am on STOCK EVERYTHING). 3) ticket for ... he asked me to roll up my window (5%). ......................

Well which would you pick? its fix ticket anyway, I will sure take my tint off first then retint it with 1% !!!

I remember there are some type of window that has a switch wasnt it?? you can switch around tint or no tint right??

if so any vendor wanna get those?? I will pay WHATEVER cost to get one.

coz I am a very good driver that NEVER wants to break law no matter WHAT (besides tinted window coz in So-Cal SUN BURN will kill you and my girl likes to be white)

BTW something funny that when I got pulled over, the car infront of me,89 Accord with Freaking loud exhaust pulled to the side too, after he figured that cop wasnt on him. he damn run away fast. Coz that guy has the sticker for NOV 2005. hahahahaha Cops. always get wrong guy.

sorry for vent but please if anyone have any information on those windows, let me know.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

well if ur asking which one u could pick to fix, then its easy. do the illegal exhaust ticket, because that will be the easiest to argue. Its is completely stock. u could try to argue that u were not too close to the car, but it would just be ur word against his.
if ur telling the truth and ur exhaust is 100% stock, then ur good!
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bacalhau16
well if ur asking which one u could pick to fix, then its easy. do the illegal exhaust ticket, because that will be the easiest to argue. Its is completely stock. u could try to argue that u were not too close to the car, but it would just be ur word against his.
if ur telling the truth and ur exhaust is 100% stock, then ur good!

bacalhau16 man you are right, I should just go on it but he dont even let me speak and went back to his car and come back with tickets!

I dont know what to say. if I see that guy who cut me over again, I will sure on Fox news for beating up some stupid punk.

btw what if I got ticket for tinted window AGAIN ???
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Search Electrochromic

Originally Posted by Evoegg
I remember there are some type of window that has a switch wasnt it?? you can switch around tint or no tint right??

Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Dont even worry about the tint. If you say you have skin problems or sensitive eyes, most cops will let you go. San Diego has it just as bad, and most of the cops dont even care about it.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pog0
Dont even worry about the tint. If you say you have skin problems or sensitive eyes, most cops will let you go. San Diego has it just as bad, and most of the cops dont even care about it.

ok redo tint I guess.. or buy a extra set of windows ??
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

How hard to take off door panel and replace window? can you do it yourself? if so, does lancer windows fit evos?

Thanks for answering these questions

Thanks all I am glad all of your help.

Poor guy who just got pulled over by someone else's fault.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt suggest switching wndows all the time.. Do the illegal exhaust ticket for sure.
And iam curious to what nationality you are? Just guessing from the broken english spelling iam reading here.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
I wouldnt suggest switching wndows all the time.. Do the illegal exhaust ticket for sure.
And iam curious to what nationality you are? Just guessing from the broken english spelling iam reading here.

Well, this officer already cited me 36708.5(A) which is tinited windows.
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

if u plan a proper defense u can almost always get off on following to closely tickets. my old teacher in HS was a lawyer part time, and he got me off 3 of them in my 4 year HS career. its actually kinda hard to even justify giving those kinds of tickets because all u have to do is explain to the judge that even though u may have been a tad close u were in complete control of ur vehicle. following to closely is really only designed for when u rear end someone aka, couldnt stop in time. as long as u can prove that u would have had enough distance to brake and u didnt hit the guy u should be fine
Old Dec 14, 2005, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

5% isn't even that dark. o.o... illegal exh. would be the easiest. ;p
Old Dec 14, 2005, 03:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoegg

I don't think you can go from "tint" to "no tint," but you can go from clear to opaque. The only car I know of that has this feature, is the Maybach, and it's in the sunroof.

I'm sure you could pay someone to make windows for your car, but they would be very thick.
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

Not sure how the laws are where you are, but you can get a ticket for each window that has illegal tint on it here in wisconsin. EVO = 7-possible tickets plus if they really want to be a ***** he could let you go and have another cop pull you over say 2 miles down the road and do the same thing, but that wouldn't hold up in court thats for sure, can you imagine going to court "Ah yes judge i only have 14 illegal window tint tickets in a matter of 10 minutes" When i got mine on my old car they were 136.50 a ticket, i got 3 of them when i i could have got 5 he said. I won't ever tint a car window again!
Old Dec 14, 2005, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by binarysleep
I don't think you can go from "tint" to "no tint," but you can go from clear to opaque. The only car I know of that has this feature, is the Maybach, and it's in the sunroof.

I'm sure you could pay someone to make windows for your car, but they would be very thick.
i wouldn't even want to know how much that would cost to have installed on an EVO for all the windows, holy crap, you would probably be better off buying the damn Maybach but it is pretty cool tho
Old Dec 14, 2005, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTSMWET
i wouldn't even want to know how much that would cost to have installed on an EVO for all the windows, holy crap, you would probably be better off buying the damn Maybach but it is pretty cool tho

guess I will just buy a set of new windows and put them up for inspection? coz my tint was perfectly done and I want to keep it.

is lancer front door glass will fit evos? I think their body frame are the same right? btw just for inspection and I will remove door panel myself.

I cannot believe the guy who cut me over can got away for it.

Sad

Quick Reply: Question about windows that can auto switch tint or not