Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

06 evo 9 mr package?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 evo 9 mr package?

I was wondering what comes in the "mr package" I know what the evo 9 mr is but 1 of the vendors here trying to sell the new evo also list an option called the "mr package" check out this thread

Last edited by evo8rcr; Dec 15, 2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Link no worky!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

CF/Alu shift knob and e-brake handle. 3 gauge kit. MR floor mats and console plaque. the MR package is technically an "option" but it's preinstalled on every MR sold in the US.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

link fixed
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
CF/Alu shift knob and e-brake handle. 3 gauge kit. MR floor mats and console plaque. the MR package is technically an "option" but it's preinstalled on every MR sold in the US.
so what if you say you don't want it my evo 8 came with leather shift knob and e-brake handle and evo 8 floor mats are they going to take it out?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All MRs come with it already. It is not an option, but they charge you extra for it.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8rcr
so what if you say you don't want it my evo 8 came with leather shift knob and e-brake handle and evo 8 floor mats are they going to take it out?
If its an MR your buying, its standard like he stated above but if you want those items, they can be purchased at a packaged price.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NoTec
If its an MR your buying, its standard like he stated above but if you want those items, they can be purchased at a packaged price.
let me rephrase with puncuation. so what if you don't want it (mr package,but still want a mr)? my evo 8 came with a leather shift knob and e-brake handle and evo 8 floor mats (I am happy with these). Are they going to take it out (CF/Alu shift knob and e-brake handle. 3 gauge kit. MR floor mats and console plaque)? what would be in place of these items?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
All MRs come with it already. It is not an option, but they charge you extra for it.
IMO that is a bullsh*t rip off
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

I own an MR and work for Riverside Mitsubishi, the "MR" package is just little things that we already know. like the boost gauges, carbon fiber brake handle, shift nob, aluminum roof, and this thing at the end of the wing. oh and the car comes with that package there's no option, you just take it as is. i see it as if your paying 40g's for the car might as well get everything=) "every penny is worth it"
Old Dec 15, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by veilsidefd3s87
I own an MR and work for Riverside Mitsubishi, the "MR" package is just little things that we already know. like the boost gauges, carbon fiber brake handle, shift nob, aluminum roof, and this thing at the end of the wing. oh and the car comes with that package there's no option, you just take it as is. i see it as if your paying 40g's for the car might as well get everything=) "every penny is worth it"
You work at the dealer? You need to understand the difference between the MR package and the Zero Lift Kit. The VIII MRs did not get the Zero Lift kit, which includes the extra lip on the spoiler, and the front air dam or whatever it is. Only the IX has this kit, and it is separate from the MR package, although all IX MRs came with this installed...again, no option, but you pay extra for it.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

basically it breaks down to extras added to the car that they are claiming is an option that you can not have removed by the dealer for a lower cost imo that is a bunch of sh*t what if I like the leather e brake handle and shift knob and I know they aren't going to change the roof that's bs
Old Dec 15, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

basically it breaks down to extras added to the car that they are claiming is an option that you can not have removed by the dealer for a lower cost imo that is a bunch of sh*t what if I like the leather e brake handle and shift knob and I know they aren't going to change the roof that's bs
Because it's an MR. It has a purpose. You buy an MR to get these additions. Of course they're not going to remove the lightweight aluminum roof and throw in a heavy sunroof. If you really want leather, you can probably talk them into it. I've read where people got MRs with leather, but it was obviously a dealer-installed agreement.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

it costs the manufacturer more money to offer multiple "varieties" of the same car. besides, you're talking about $700 or $800 on a $36k car...is it really such a big deal??
Old Dec 15, 2005, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Happy Madison
it costs the manufacturer more money to offer multiple "varieties" of the same car. besides, you're talking about $700 or $800 on a $36k car...is it really such a big deal??
I'm not saying it's a big deal I'm just saying include it in the cost don't call it an option

Quick Reply: 06 evo 9 mr package?