Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Final Farewell to the Evo forums

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Farewell to the Evo forums

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I am finally departing from this forum and I am not very happy from doing so. This forum taught me everything I know about the Evo and support from friends and I gotta say this forum was like my second family.

I would read, read, read posts from way before I even joined the forum knowing most of all of you. I know there is a lot of new people on this forum who joined the last couple weeks who probably doesn't know me. I hope the Evo community keeps growing with people who can enjoy there Evo.

I'm being completly honest when saying this forum is 10x better than any forum I ever joined in my life from Honda forums, Nissan forums, Toyota forums and even know my new Infiniti G35 forum could never beat the support and care of Evolutionm.net, I give big props to all of the Admins who keep up a great job running this forum. Also big thanks to all for helping me when I had problems with my Evo or without.

I wish I could stay on this forum but since I no longer own an Evo anymore there is not much I have to say. The Infiniti G35 is one nice car but could never have the performance an Evo has and truthfully I think the Evo is a better car all together. I'm always on my new forum talking about an Evo and feel discouraged when I see another Evo on the roads although it's very rare. For everyone out there I got more attention in my Evo then I did in the G35, furthermore people think they are faster than me in my G when in my Evo everyone would be too scared to give me a run with the agressive look the Evo gives you knowing what kind of a car it is!

I wish I purchased another Evo but I didn't want a pre-owned turbo car along with not finding any (ofcourse I looked) and a brand new one was just something I could not afford right now after losing a lot of money. I found a pre-owned G35 with 20k and got to price it down to 25.7k which was a great deal. I will miss the AWD and yes you can notice a big difference going to RWD...

Also special thanks to MEVO for helping me out with other issues.

Thanks again all and best of luck to you with your Evo's.. Drive safe, Happy holidays, and don't let your car go for anything else you will always miss it no matter what you get next!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

r i p good sir :< enjoy your new ride
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:11 PM

sry to hear this but goodluck with your new car and happy holidays.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:12 PM

you're going from an evo to a g35? haha i'm going from a g35c to an evo i know i'm gonna miss my G but i have to set my priorities straight and that's to whoop some *** on the track... the g35 is sex on wheels i'm gonna miss her curvy lines g35driver.com is a nice forum

Last edited by LanEvo9er; Dec 15, 2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:19 PM

I recently thought about getting rid of the Evo too, but after reading your post and similar posts I concluded that I would miss it too much if it was gone from my garage. Especially with the 6+ iches of snow we just got his week, I'm appreciating it more and more.

Why did you trade in your evo?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

yah.. I know I made a good choice in cars picking a G35 Coupe but damn... I really really really miss my Evo right now..............

I actually am part of G35forums.com now.. it is a nice forum but the support and care of evolutionm can't beat any others...

I didn't trade it in... I would NEVER trade it in, I totaled the car and I'm saying it's not my fault!! I would get another Evo but I can't afford it right now.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Enjoy the car, you will like it. Nice words. I have owned so many cars I just take it with the grain. I am sure you will find lot's to mod on your 35 if you decide to go that route. Best to you and your 35!!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy holidays and have fun with your new ride...the G35 is a hot ride to look at and it doesn't drive too bad either.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 03:40 PM

if i didn't have an opportunity to switch to the evo i wouldn't have, the g35 is the ultimate balanced vehicle: looks, performance, handling, price....i'd say it's a perfect circle if graphed on a 2-d axis... you made a good choice!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

gud luck and stop in an say whats up
Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Life is too short to not own an Evo...you should trade in that G35 for another one
Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

you do realize that you can still stay here with us even though you no longer own an evo right? hell, i would say that a good portion of this site are non evo owners
Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck with your new venture.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

^+1^

I no longer own an Evo but I stillhang around on here from time to time. I figure I learned too much and went through too much with my Evo not to contribute whenever I can. Besides the bimmer forums are lame in comparision.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

www.g35driver.com

Welcome. lol

Im trying to go from a G to a Evo.